1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Web Design Software

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by School Boy Error, Jan 14, 2011.

1. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

I would like to begin teaching web design to the children in our school (a Junior School) and I wanted to know if anyone had any software recommendations. Cheaper the better (if not free) and suitable for 10 year olds.
    Thanks

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I never had much bother using Dreamweaver with Y7s, so I'm sure top juniors could cope with it.

3. Serif is fab, cant recommend it enough

4. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

And that gives the additional benefit if you have sadistic tendencies to watch the very lifeblood of them drain in front of your eyes

5. Good grief.

6. I guess the alternative is to have them create or use something they have zero understanding of. Lets all use the magic answer machine again today?

I've only watched the video with year 8 so I appreciate it may not be useful or appropriate, with them it went down pretty well, they seem to like the idea of spiders and understand that if your audience cannot find your website, it may have a tough job fulfilling any purpose. I'd also say the effort put into thinking up decent names for link text and html files (thinking about humans and spiders) was appreciably higher than would have been without. But you know horses for courses. I'd still think a CMS over dreamweaver/serif is likely a better start point, like I say I'm not teaching the age group though...