1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We have unisex toilets in our homes

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Would it be proper to compliment strangers in those circumstances?

Just asking. ;)

Edit: in unisex changing rooms

2. Dunteachin

Posterior noises!! ROFL!

3. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

I did not understand what he meant either when he said this. It is all part of the lets be as cool as possible brigade.

4. delmamerchant

Not sure in this day and age.:)

5. peter12171

peter12171 Lead commenter

I don't think it bothers most people. We seem to have a very vocal minority who want to make an issue out of something when there really isn't an issue.

nomad likes this.
  6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Indeed.

7. elledriver

elledriver Lead commenter

I think it became an issue because it is unisex changing rooms in a women's clothing store.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The point being that it is a store selling women's clothing, not a store exclusively for women. Corporal Klinger would be happy with the arrangement.

[​IMG]

9. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I can manage the unisex loo situation in a restaurant, say, but after nigh-on 60 years of toilet segregation I have to admit to a sense of great unease when faced with public toilets which are nothing less than designated "men" and "women".

I hate the sense of unease that going into a public toilet in France can cause when you sometimes have to walk past the men's urinals (exposed to the world as there is often no door) to get to the ladies' facilities.

I also hate it when the signage is not sufficiently clear at first glance, and I have to study the picture to work out if I am going to the right place.

InkyP likes this.
  10. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Some of those pictures are very confusing @smoothnewt ! I also hate squeezing past the urinals although, thankfully, this is becoming less common - surprisingly I found one in in Dubrovnik this year although the urinal was at the back.

11. T34

T34 Established commenter

Very dangerous. You could collapse in the cubicle and not be seen. You could be there for days.

12. Postduif

Postduif Occasional commenter

There might have been a time when the thought of some strange woman catching sight of me in my underpants, or hearing farts and splash-downs from the cubicle next door, would have disquieted or embarrassed me. Now, I just think that if someone is reduced to getting their jollies from the sight of a stout old man in his black Tu underpants they must have very empty lives indeed. Likewise, given that we all empty our bowels and bladders on a regular basis, why make a production number out of it? It must be something to do with the gradual disinhibition that old age brings, or, more probably, the realisation that offence is far more often and more readily taken in such matters than it is intentionally given. The only feelings I am responsible for are my own,

T34 and Didactylos4 like this.
  13. Postduif

Postduif Occasional commenter

Some people have all the luck.

14. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

I prefer single-sex changing rooms, lavatories and wards.
    I won't faint if I don't get them.

nomad and InkyP like this.
  15. elledriver

elledriver Lead commenter

I guess you will just get used to seeing men trying on women's clothes.

16. Dunteachin

Tu underpants? Cool dude!

17. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Tu knickers are also good quality and the right size for me. Better than M&S now.

18. delmamerchant

I am sure they have staff on duty

19. hs9981

hs9981 Occasional commenter

The thought of what that 'dirty old man' could be doing in the cubicle next to mine, as I try on my M&S best!