1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We have to get everything...write.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Anna-Luise, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Recent errors seen on this forum...

I see ALOT a lot.

Some of us don't know the difference between alluded and eluded.

Some of us write loose when we mean lose.

I've seen prefair twice today. I prefer prefer.

What's humbridge? Maybe the poster meant umbrage.

I know that we all try to get everything right and I know that I, for one, don't always succeed. When I get things wrong I hope someone will tell me nicely.

So check the thread occasionally if you like and see if one of your mistakes is here. I hope it's less personal that way.

Join in if you like.

There is a very good reason for doing this. If no-one tells us we're making mistakes we'll just go on making them. Maybe we'll tell our pupils that their correct work is incorrect.

2. Recent errors seen on this forum...

I see ALOT a lot.

Some of us don't know the difference between alluded and eluded.

Some of us write loose when we mean lose.

I've seen prefair twice today. I prefer prefer.

What's humbridge? Maybe the poster meant umbrage.

I know that we all try to get everything right and I know that I, for one, don't always succeed. When I get things wrong I hope someone will tell me nicely.

So check the thread occasionally if you like and see if one of your mistakes is here. I hope it's less personal that way.

Join in if you like.

There is a very good reason for doing this. If no-one tells us we're making mistakes we'll just go on making them. Maybe we'll tell our pupils that their correct work is incorrect.