1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We flew to London

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Elohim, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    My Year 6 class (along with our middle school at our international school) flew from the Czech Republic to London on a school trip.
    It's the most ambitious school trip I have ever coordinated. I thought some teachers might be inspired.
    Check out some <a>photos[/URL] and details:
    http://futureclassroom.net/page14/page13/index.html

2. Hi there,
    My Year 6 class (along with our middle school at our international school) flew from the Czech Republic to London on a school trip.
    It's the most ambitious school trip I have ever coordinated. I thought some teachers might be inspired.
    Check out some <a>photos[/URL] and details:
    http://futureclassroom.net/page14/page13/index.html

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

You took the children to watch Millwall?

The parents were alright with that?

4. Yes, the parents were fine with our visit to Millwall. We sat in the family section, and there was a heavy police presence.
    Although I questioned the idea initially, I have seen school groups at football matches before and was reassured by the ticket office at Millwall that they have also had large groups of children visit.
    We had absolutely no problems at all and the kids thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Thanks for the question.

5. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I was just surprised that parents were alright with you bringing their children to a place where every other word is a swear word.

If the class enjoyed the experience then I take it they haven't seen much football before.