1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We did it!

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by dolerie, Dec 18, 2010.

1. OH and I both retired from teaching yesterday! After 36 years at the chalkface it feels very very strange. But I expect on 3rd January it'll feel even stranger.
    Best wishes everyone
    Dol ............... off to get on with the rest of her life

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Oh congratulations. Let us know how you get on. Best wishes to you both..

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Why the hell are you posting at that time in the morning!!!!!!!

4. My friend leaves on Tuesday to do the same thing.....
    wish it was me!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter Forum guide

..to "get on with the rest of my life"
    [​IMG]

All the best

6. Enjoy 'the rest of your lives' - you have earned the rest. My OH retired in the Summer and I went part time. We are loving our new life and the finance seems fine. Two brill holidays booked for next year plus extra mini breaks. Have you got any planned?

7. Well done you! I wish I could too. Enjoy every minute.

8. thanks for the kind words... almost a week in and still feels strange... especially shopping in Cardiff yesterday and saying, oh I could do with that book for...' and then realising I didnt need it. Old habits die hard!!

9. well done both of you I will be joining you at the end of the summer term :)

10. Thanks I gave my letter in today- very strange feeling!

11. I couldn't agree more! Very exciting but also a feeling of apprehension. I retired on the 1st April 2010. I was ecstatic but it is only now 8 months later, that I am really coming to terms with it. I just wish I had prepared more thoroughly (not financially) for it.
    Rita
    P.s I sickened my colleagues first by counting the months, then the weeks and then the days!!!!! Enjoy