1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

“We cannot allow all of these people to invade our country,”

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Jun 25, 2018.

1. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

You mean the correlation between population density and pollution for example?

Vince_Ulam and lanokia like this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Indeed... anyone serious about reducing greenhouse gas emissions should really be pushing for reduction in the population... not the ever increasing numbers we have.

border_walker likes this.
  3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The population growth rate shows that fertility has massively reduced due to education and development

[​IMG]

So short of killing people we are doing everything we can. Eventually as the fertility declines kick in, population will stabilise and then hopefully reduce

How are you suggesting we "reduce" population in the short term?

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Yes.

5. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Meow!

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  6. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Do you like love island?
    Would you like to take part in a new reality TV show?
    We're looking for contestants, who have never seen the film Logan's Run, to start in this exciting new show

MAGAorMIGA, Scintillant and artboyusa like this.
  7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Good country, Denmark. Climate's no worse than here. And same as me, they like beer, jazz and modern art, so we get along fine.

8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

I did think of mentioning my, um, comparative longevity. I can even remember when this site was actually fun and interesting and people got along. Or were at least civil. Then some people decided to fix that.

lexus300, woollani and lanokia like this.
  9. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

10. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

I think it's a great place, but not one people usually choose hence my surprise.

11. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

We 've been all over Scandinavia but like Denmark best. Don't tell my Finnish relatives. We've been to DK lots of times and enjoy everything about it. Should be there now, in fact, but my shaky health precludes. Maybe in the autumn...

12. Timothy_Blue

Timothy_Blue Lead commenter

Mainly by instituting endless premoderation (1 and a half years and counting) for posters with immoderate views.

artboyusa likes this.
  13. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

You were sentenced to premoderation for posting "oh dear me" 200 times? That's a bit harsh.

vinnie24 likes this.
  14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"Endless" eh? That's disheartening.
    I've often wondered how long my punishment would last. It's been about a year now and I was hopeful of amnesty or early release or somesuch.
    Oh well. Back to the chain gang...

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

For you black-hearted offenders and recidivists
    contact the Community Team by emailing Tes.Community@tesglobal.com about your moderation status.

artboyusa likes this.
  16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

It is bizarre to me that they continue to premoderate you when other posters post far worse and they seem content to let it slide...

artboyusa and Vince_Ulam like this.
  17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Would they be non conformist posters?;)

18. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I think we should get the whole world population and make them stand on the Isle of Wight. Apparently they would fit!

Stiltskin likes this.
  19. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I recall many years back in Disney, Florida. We got on a bus (4 of us) the bus held about 25. Then a family of huge Americans got on (making the passenger total 8) and the driver said "That's it, we're full", and drove off!

Scintillant likes this.
  20. blazer

blazer Star commenter

God no! I went to Amarillo and I wouldn't go back again. Mind you Lubbock was fairly good.