1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We are writers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gareth355, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Has anyone used the We are writers book making tool on the Scholastic website? I am thinking of using it to produce our World Book Day stories. Just looking for some feedback if anyone has used it.

2. Has anyone used the We are writers book making tool on the Scholastic website? I am thinking of using it to produce our World Book Day stories. Just looking for some feedback if anyone has used it.

3. We have. We had one person acting as administrator for it and they were the person who registered us with Scholastic, showed the staff how to use it and reminded us all about time deadlines etc.
    We had a window of time for the children to inut their work and then we had to proof read what our children had written. There was a competition for the cover within school (done as a homework actually) and then we were provided with a proof copy. We read the proof copy and annotated any errors, then the final copies were printed.
    It wasn't an onerous task and the children all enjoyed seeing their work in print. Many copies were purchased by the parents and it raised some funds for the school. We will definitely be doing it again.
    We didn't do stories though, as that takes a longer time to get through all the children typing up their work. We used the work the classes had done in their poetry units instead. I even managed to sneak a poem of my own in. [​IMG]