1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We Are Being Used

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Grassroots_Out likes this.
  2. Vladimir

POLAND'S PRIME MINISTER BEATA SZYDLO BOASTS OF BLOCKING DAVID CAMERON'S ATTEMPTS TO STOP EU MIGRANTS CLAIMING BENEFITS

Poland's prime minister has boasted of blocking David Cameron’s attempt to stop EU migrants claiming benefits in Britain.

Beata Szydlo proclaimed victory shortly after the deal was signed, writing on Twitter: ‘Today’s agreement is good news for Europe.

‘We took care of the interests of Poles using social benefits in EU countries.’

Mr Cameron had wanted an ‘emergency brake’ to stop new arrivals from claiming in-work benefits, such as tax credits, to be in place for 13 years, but this was watered down to seven.

In the Tory manifesto, the Prime Minister had also pledged to end migrant workers with children living in other countries being able to claim child benefit, but he failed to secure this.

Instead, Britain will be allowed to pay reduced rates based on the cost of living in the country where the child is living. The cut will affect existing claimants from 2020. Mrs Syzdlo’s resistance to Mr Cameron’s demands has been given as one of the reasons the summit dragged on for nearly 30 hours.

The Prime Minister met with her twice on Friday in a bid to persuade her to back down. Aides tweeted pictures of her in a ‘war room’ with the leaders of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia, as they plotted how to block the reforms.

Before the renegotiation talks Mrs Syzdlo had said: ‘We want a deal, but not at all costs.’

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I have told you about reading the Daily Fail before Vlad. better that you take after Vlad the Impaler than the other right winger Putin.

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

One can hardly blame the Poles for looking after the interests of their citizens

5. Vladimir

But one can blame us for being in a union that enables their grabbing and allows their head of state to gloat whike smiling like a Cheshire cat!

And you can't blame our citizens for looking after themselves either, and voting 'out', but you know, a funny thing is that a lot of them do, especially those on the left who want the entire country given away to migrants. Funny how it only flows one way for some folks, isn't it?

6. Vladimir

Yeah, I know. You want the harsh truth all hidden away like the BBC does.

Grassroots_Out and viceroy like this.
  7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

What truth? The Daily Fail makes it all up. then tries to frighten you, you parents, or your grandparents into believing it.

8. Vladimir

9. Vladimir

And other media such as the illustrious BBC goes out of its way to hide the truth. I'd prefer to err on the side of caution, not that I think there is error in papers like the DM because they would be sued for lying. Are you saying that the Cologne attacks didn't happen? Is reporting the fact that they happened scaremongering? German media went to great lengths to hide the facts, no doubt, to continue with its insane immigration goals unchallenged. Have you noticed a shift in consciousness since the Cologne attacks were reported in the media, because they were caught out and they had to? Now the truth about the negative side of immigration is coming out more and more, in the media. Is that scaremongering because it's true? I'd be more inclined to worry about what we're not being told.

10. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Yet you go to the Mail?
    That's only a problem if there's a specific person affected- they can say what they want about a nebulous group such as migrants.

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Vladimir.what do you expect. The Poles are conscious of their need for our cash, their folks work hard and some have taken advantage of our systems. So what ,many others have as well but they sensibly stay quiet and keep taking advantage.
    it is also a point of anger in their country that they have been labeled the transgressors .Yet this does not mean that what she says is incorrect. There is an election looming in Poland and obviously she wants to see her party claiming the high ground.She is showing what a tough 'person' she is in negotiation.
    One assumes that UK citizens dont take any less advantage? Or that the folks who come to work here are lazy..nonsense its a lot is spin and needs to be looked at as such.There is good and bad in countries.
    My Polish father fought here to protect us i the 11 WWand he never was seen as evil. The Fault lies with governments not seeing what coming as the floodgates where opened and making provision in the rules so that such 'evils'( if that what they are) where already impossible to achieve.None...Labour,Coalition or Tories had the fore-site to see what would happen.

viceroy and Vladimir like this.
  12. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

The Daily Mail is like,

download-4.jpg

Choose a less blatantly biased paper
    to quote?

13. clermontfed

clermontfed Occasional commenter

Will you give it a rest!!!

lanokia likes this.
  14. Vladimir

I never said the Poles were lazy, nor do I think it. I would have said so otherwise. I do object, however, to
    Poles and Romanians (to name but two nationalities) scooping up benefits and grants when there are so many needy people here struggling, who appear to be ignored while the government pays its dues to the EU, like frightened heathens sacrificing their firstborn to some idiotic sun god. Syzdlo's gloating isn't helping their cause either...but it's more ammunition to the 'out' campaign, so keep on smiling, love! :)

15. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

[​IMG]

New avatar for you Vlad, that dog one is way too cuddly.

16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Has the daily mail put the EU on its list of things that cause cancer yet?

lanokia, Flere-Imsaho and sabrinakat like this.
  17. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

You can't claim child benefit in Ireland without the child physically living there - even needs the doctor or school as evidence for the every 3 month form. Odd that UK allows more lenient terms than Ireland (and you can't double claim UK and Ireland......).....

PS. The Daily Mail only? Sigh, Vlad, we've discussed this....

18. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Which of course means that the child is occupying a school place or visiting the doctor in Ireland...
    I don't know what the answer is- if they bring their kids with them people complain, if they don't they complain.
    I guess they could stay in Poland (other countries may be available) - but I'm not convinced that those who currently complain wouldn't them object to the price of home-grown Labour and the cost of care homes, tradesmen etc.

19. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

These are in-work benefits. Is it one way if we need people to do these jobs?

20. Vladimir

I used that one for a while but had second thoughts when I realised that the UK taxpayer would have to fork out for my new castle in Romania and someone would have to lose out in the UK for no good reason.

Right, next!