1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We appear to be growing in numbers...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Over the past several weeks, I have noticed we have some "newbies".
    I just wanted to say "Welcome" and I hope you stick around in our little haven here [​IMG]
    We are all nice really [​IMG]

2. Over the past several weeks, I have noticed we have some "newbies".
    I just wanted to say "Welcome" and I hope you stick around in our little haven here [​IMG]
    We are all nice really [​IMG]

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

hear, hear!

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

New blood! Can only be a good thing...

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Being a newbie on this part of the forum, I thank you for the warm welcome!
    I only popped along because I was getting fed up of all the sniping on the Primary forum...
    If it's somewhere to satisfy my food geekery with some fellow obsessives, then I'll gladly stick around!

6. as a newcomer I thank you too CQ. I am trying very hard to reduce the amount of food that I eat, but am always happy to talk about it!

7. I've been lurking on here for a number of years, I don't post very often but think I will do now. Thanks for a lovely welcome :)

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Big welcome from me too, this is really the best and the friendliest forum on Tes.

9. I often lurk but don't really post on here but think it's a lovely forum, although it makes me very hungry!
    [​IMG]

10. Agree with all of the above - lovely to get such a nice welcome and looking forward to learning much more!

11. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

*friendly wave at all the newbies!*
    I hope you have all invested in a slow cooker! Most of my cookery answers seem to include the use of a slowcooker!......either that or something bought from Lakeland (although I draw the line at 20.....20!!!!!!!.....poach pods....*dissolves into giggles again*)

12. Definently, agree with all the above. Thank you for the warm welcome. What are poach pods? Is it possible to marry your slow cooker, cos I have designs on mine.[​IMG]

13. Hi, thanks for the welcome. I can't believe that I never some how saw this cookery forum on TES before this week! Great forum - love food!

14. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Not you as well, Beth!

15. I confess to owning 2 poach pods and I love them dearly.......but 20?!
    I have read lots of posts that seem to involve expensive (and sometimes wine-fuelled!) orders from Lakeland. I have never visited the Lakeland website......should I venture into the unknown? Or will it be a big mistake?!

16. Hi everyone!

Like a few others, I am a frequent lurker and have only posted a few times but I love it here on Cookery! And Bethannie, yes I did invest (was very cheap actually, 7quid in asda sale a few months ago) in a slow cooker after reading your posts and now I couldnt be without it!

Irvine

17. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Thank you CQ. It is a nice little haven here.

18. Oh! Don't forget to close your eyes when passing the tin plates, pie dishes etc - you know the old fashioned white with a blue rim stuff? Even Climber got sucked it - and they have them on a threefer!!
    Sooooooooooooooo dangerous!

It has been nice seeing newbies find us.... fingers crossed we can still find someone to answer all the questions [​IMG]

19. I have loads of that stuff - I have bought most of it from a teeny weeny shop in Northallerton that seems to sell everything for kitchen stuff to candles to string to light bulbs and/or raided Mum and Grandma's cupboards!

20. I love Lakeland. They only recently opened a shop here in NI but their customer service team are very helpful and friendly. I was having trouble putting through an online order and when I phoned them up they sorted it all out and then because I'd have trouble they said they'd knock off the postage.