1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

We all know Gove is universally despised but I did find his comments amusing.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Jan 11, 2019.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

2. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Sorry it would be like Hitler cracking a joke ....to me...

Ivartheboneless likes this.
  3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

He obviously has a good script writer and I'm sure he did some acting in an earlier life.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

He's a despicable creep.

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

His own party's Brexit policy is the same.

towncryer and Ivartheboneless like this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

He is probably correct. (cf another thread, and another, and another, and another ad infinitum....)

nomad likes this.
  7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Er, adult language alert!

So, if it's OK for Gove to use this word in the mother of parliaments, why can't it be written on these pages?

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

TES holds teachers to higher standards.

9. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Everyone holds teachers to higher standards :(

However, achieving a higher standard than Michael Gove is not exactly taxing.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Maybe it falls under Parliamentary privilege?

Jamvic and nomad like this.
  11. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Maybe he meant the "dog's b******s", which I understand is an accepted colloquialism for "very good" from some of our younger viewers, innit? Yeah! (Is he down wid da boyz in da hood?)

nomad and grumpydogwoman like this.
  12. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Why can Gove be quoted as saying bolocks but I am not allowed to write the word - even if it is referring back to Gove's foul mouthed comment?
    Lets try it: I think that most of what Michael Gove says and does is ********.
    I am assuming that it has been censored.
    I also assume that the censor will intervene if I use that word in another context.
    Let's try it: Much of what Nomad writes is Right Wing Tory propaganda ********.
    Again, I assume that it has been censored.
    Why the double standards, I wonder? Class discrimination in my opinion. Just because Michael Gove is a greasy, nasty piece of work, who has done more damage to the UK's State education system than any of his predecessors, that is no excuse for the TES to lower it's high standards for that piece of Tory trash.
    Only a rabid Tory could possibly find anything remotely amusing about Michael Gove.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Our economy is more dynamic than the Eurozone, we have the most attractive capital city on the globe, the greatest “soft power” and global influence of any state and a leadership role in NATO and the UN. Are we really too small, too weak and too powerless to make a success of self-rule? On the contrary, the reason the EU’s bureaucrats oppose us leaving is they fear that our success outside will only underline the scale of their failure.

Michael Gove February 2016.

We're dynamic.
    London is gorgeous.
    We're a NATO leader. Ha ha. Tell that to the Donald.
    Our successes will embarrass the puny efforts of our European neighbours - they will be kissing our shoes and pleading for crumbs from our table.

Yeah.

Our mighty and powerful government has everything in hand. We bunged Eddie Stobart a few bob to send his trucks down to Kent for a cuppa and a sandwich on an abandoned airfield. It all went without a hitch, I tell you! 87 trucks! Was there pandemonium? No. Were blows exchanged? No. It was the epitome of an orderly...erm, er, hmm, truckers' picnic?

I don't want to belong to the EU for many reasons (although am beginning to change my mind) but I concede that Gove knows blox when he hears it. He writes and speaks enough of it, after all. If anyone knows blox then it's Michael.

Laphroig likes this.
  14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Nah. Just someone with a sense of humour who is able to keep his blood pressure in check. ;)

BelleDuJour and sodalime like this.
  15. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Never Mind the Ballocks......apparently when lovemaking he adult talks non stop.

16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

17. nomad

nomad Star commenter

18. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

19. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

I note a huge discrepancy with the mainstream media massive uproar about mouthing something but then a small to no coverage of Gove's offensive comment. The reality is that his comments are simply a very poor attempt to distract from his own party's excruciatingly poor performance.

You may find him amusing but I won't laugh at anything he says. The subtext is that Gove is somehow ok because he is amusing. He most certainly is not.
    Gove caused a great deal of damage to the education system in the UK when he was education minister. He is not paid to be funny. He is meant to be representng his constituents.

You, Nomad, seem to another Tory apologist.

20. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter