1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WDC jobs.

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by JPM1967, May 28, 2011.

1. JPM1967

JPM1967 New commenter

I know one of the West Dunbartonshire probationers. They did indeed receive an advance list of approximately 30 vacancies. However, her understanding is that the jobs will be advertised on MyJobScotland in due course with interviews towards the end of June.

2. Thank you for your post. I am just eager for the jobs to be advertised so that I can apply and have some hope!

3. JPM1967

JPM1967 New commenter

Probably...at least in some cases, although they are possibly just giving their own 'internal' candidates a heads-up and some (false?) hope that there are jobs for them. However, my contact tells me there are several schools with vacancies where there are no current probationers (or where there is a probationer who isn't particularly 'rated' by the HT), so there are genuine opportunities.
    N.B. WDC posted 51 vacancies on MyJobScotland overnight - a mixture of permanent, temporary and 0.2 to 1.0. Mainly Primary but there are some Secondary openings too.