1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ways to make invigilation fun.

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by marcopront, May 2, 2012.

1. I've always wanted to try a variation on the game from "Whose line is it anway" of sitting, standing, lying but I've never invigilated with other people who I thought would understand.

2. ian60

ian60 New commenter

We had a student yesterday whose phone went off just moments after we had called the exam to a finish.
    He had submitted it at the beginning, but hadn't actually turned it off, apparantly it was his mum asking how things had gone.
    Am I right in thinking that the IBO have granted schools the right to drag students out of the hall and give them a good kicking for mobile phone indiscretions?

3. No, you are wrong. Sadly.

4. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

I decided to stand at the back of the hall watching & practicing my balancing on one foot /hem string excercises. Well I was entertained!

5. At the Nestle school in Kuwait, I and a colleague (Miss Lee it was...) were playing tick. As she approached I glided to other side of a student's desk. Such a competitor, she lunged to get me and fell on the desk.
    A whole senior school meeting headed by the great lady herself (and she is still there...) had one agenda point.
    'No more 'tic' in exams'.

6. Pelvic floor exercises.

7. ian60

ian60 New commenter

"Boredom makes you live longer": Airman Dunbar, Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)

The more bored you are, the slower time passes. The slower time passes, the longer you live.
    It just takes positive thinking.

8. Interesting - although boring, somewhat obviously, I always find boredom restful.
    People who pack their summer hols with world tours and adventure, I don't reckon get a good rest. I veg for 7 weeks, get fat, drunk, watch utter ***** on the tv, get drunk and sleep like a bear.
    Anything else just doesn't make sense.

9. BK

BK

Timing your walks: try to walk the length of the hall in exactly 1 minute, without looking at the clock. This can take ages to get your walk to exactly one minute.
    And one for the maths teachers:
    Break the centre number into prime factors - no pen, paper or calculator required. Obviously doesn't take long if your centre is 001000. ;)

10. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter