1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Way hay I got an interview- ideas welcome for lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ikkle_miss, May 16, 2011.

1. Woop woop, I got an interview, very excited as it is for a permanent post. I have to teach a lesson for 20 minutes to year 2/3 on communication and language with a focus on speaking and listening. I have a few ideas rattling around in my head but any contributions would be welcome.

Cheers
    Kathy

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

As we often say to people in your position not wise to put too many datailed ideas on a public foru- just in case someone else borrows the ideas & you both end up at the same school- it <u>has</u> happened!
    So my advice is to go with something YOU feel confident with, something you plan yourself so if the lesson needs tweaking in any way depending on the actual pupils in front of you, you're in the best position to adapt it.The observers will be looking for the way you interact with pupils & you need to feel confident with whatever you decide to do.
    Best wishes.