1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waterproofs and Wellies

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sjca, Sep 2, 2011.

1. sjca

sjca New commenter

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy waterproofs that are good value and robust? (I would like to buy enough for a class but this depends on the price!)
    Can anyone advise whether all in one waterproofs or jackets and troussers are best? It is for FS2.
    Also I want to source wellies, the cheapest I can find is £5 at the supermarkets does this sound about right?
    Just thought rain hats might be a good idea too??

Thanks

2. sjca

sjca New commenter

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy waterproofs that are good value and robust? (I would like to buy enough for a class but this depends on the price!)
    Can anyone advise whether all in one waterproofs or jackets and troussers are best? It is for FS2.
    Also I want to source wellies, the cheapest I can find is £5 at the supermarkets does this sound about right?
    Just thought rain hats might be a good idea too??

Thanks

3. Hi
    why can't parents provide these and have spares for children who haven't got them?
    Louise

4. We were fortunate to get waterproofs bought for us by FOSA - def better to have 2 pieces - dungarees and jackets in a range of sizes for 5, 6 and a couple of 7 year olds for the taller chidlren. We bought all in ones for the younger chidlren and this works well when they can't manage the braces. Ours weren't cheap but are lasting well although I can't remember the make - sorry.
    Wellies - we just ask all parents to keep a spare pair in school and have enough donated every year that children have grown out of to have a good supply of spares for those children who don't have their own.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We have dungarees and the children wear their own coat
    We bought wellies for a £1 a pair off the internet

6. sjca

sjca New commenter

It's quite a deprived area and not all children have coats that keep the rain out or good footwear. I have now managed to collect enough jumpers and fleeces to layer the children up when it is cold. There are 3 FS2 classes so aiming to provide for 1 class and hope at least two thirds have a waterproof and wellies.
    Msz do you know where you got the wellies from for a £1, I tried to google £1 wellies and didn't come up with much,

Thanks

7. Hi
    Don't know where you are but here in the Midlands we have Poundstretcher/Home Bargains and B & M which are cheap shops that seem to sell everything!
    Louise