1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waterloo Road.............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Sep 1, 2010.

1. It ended when the boy moved in (or at least just after) something about Tom needing to devote his time to him

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Garbage. Janeece, who has just left the school, has managed to get a job as the School Administrator! That was a piece of luck! She is now coping well with the duties required of this role in the secondary sector, as well as getting the chance to supervise rooms full of naughty pupils.....

3. I think Robson Green is supposed to be coming into the series. I can't watch it, though I have looked at bits to see a pupil I used to teach.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Shame I'll miss it. I'm already booked up sticking pins in my eyes and boiling my head in vinegar...........far preferable to sitting through an episode of Waterloo Road [​IMG]

5. LOL Belle. I love the way they all have oodles of time to spend at the pub! OH likes Jordan stuff...I've threatened divorce but she just turned up the TV.

6. BelleDuJour

That IS ground for divorce....without question.
    I'm thinking of going to the pub just to avoid Waterloo Road! [​IMG]

7. Now, I'm not one to discourage a trip to the pub, but you do know you can turn the TV off/over, don't you?

8. BelleDuJour

Errmmm....yes. But OH says we can go to the pub!

9. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

I love it - it's ridiculous!
    I particularly like the way the teachers leave their classes whenever the whim takes them.

10. BelleDuJour

It's being ridiculous that makes me hate it so! [​IMG]

11. tangerinecat

I used to be that way about 'Teachers', you know, the one with Egg in (except obviously he wasn't Egg). Trying to make teachers cool - ain't gonna happen.

12. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Agree with tangerinecat- it's because it's so unlike 'real' teaching that it's entertaining.
    My son started me watching this, so now I delight in telling him how unlike the average school it actually is!
    It's escapist , though- the real thing might make pretty grim viewing!

13. BelleDuJour

Indeed it does. Remember that supply teacher who went undercover, filmed 'the real thing' and got hauled up in front of the GTC?

14. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I don't watch Waterloo Road, but I remember it being required viewing for all year 6 who used it to learn what life was going to be like when they moved up to High School!

15. I teach in a secondary school nothing like Waterloo Road, but the kids I teach all think Waterloo Road is 'quite realistic'!!

I used to watch Teachers and that actually was a bit closer to reality - and was also funny, unlike Waterloo Road!

16. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

As a primary school teacher I always thought Waterloo Road was very realitic! Are you now telling me it is inaccurate? Oh golly gosh.

17. I think I heard about this. Apparently no-one has tried to make a documentary about schools since - too many legal implications!

18. I love the programme because it so unreal !. Most of the kids seem to be in Year 11 with the odd sibling in Year 7. Everyone listens and massive thugs get told to go to the cooler and they just go. The stairway looks likes it's been vanalised.
    It is a wonderful thing to watch after a hard day at school !. Roll on 8pm

19. tangerinecat

So many storylines, my head is spinning...
    Liking the new Head though. Mr Meade is my eye candy, although he only seems to have one facial expression (slightly perturbed).
    Grantley Budgen's looking gaunt.

20. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

How many kids do you know who would come into school having been excluded?! Struggle to get some of ours in who are meant to be there!