1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Watching the Apollo stuff and this came to mind

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Jul 16, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

2009 and Mrs B and I took a group of kids to Chicago. We took then up the Sears Tower, before ascending you had to watch a presentation about how it was built. Part of the show included adverts, one of which involved a young black child sneaking out of his house to visit jazz clubs. The child being a young Louis Armstrong. The lights came on and we filed out of the theatre to get the lifts upwards. As we walked out one yr 10 girl shouts to me "Hey Sir, Louis Armstrong, wasn't he the first man on the Moon"?

2. colpee

colpee Star commenter

And didn’t he go on about it so much!

Moon River

East of the Sun (And West of the Moon)

Moondust

Shine

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

[​IMG]
    I hadn't thought of this before I saw the 8 Days documentary, but when Command Module pilot Mike Collins took this photo he was the only living human being not to be featured in the shot.

4. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

of course these days he would have made it a selfie.

When I watched this bit I found it quite poignant and it made me think more about Collins's role and his time alone waiting. Part of him must have been thinking he was going home alone.

magic surf bus likes this.
  5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh now that is a wow thought.

6. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

Nearly as inventive and curious about our universe as The Clangers. I am sure the idea of collecting space debris on a huge net was pinched from them, but it is unlikely space explorers will encounter a soup dragon.
    I bet Neil Armstrong was gagging for burger and fries after having to wait so long to eat normal food and do number twos in the conventional way.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Fabulous shot.