1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Watching films....is it just me?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pinkflipflop, Dec 24, 2010.

1. I'm pretty sure I put this on every year, moan about how rubbish it is and feel bad for wasting so much time on it!

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

See, that's the problem - it's now become a Christmas tradition! [​IMG]
    PFF - doomed to watch 'Jingle All The Way' every Christmas. forever more. [​IMG]

3. The worst thing is, I keep thinking 'why am I watching this?'
    Yet I can't tear myself away from it!

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A wiser Media teacher than me once likened our tastes in film to our tastes in food - sometimes you want a 7 course meal with all the trimmings and a fine wine, and sometimes you want a McDonalds.

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

No. Really no.
    The end of term "treat" for my tutor group was to watch a film. I see film watching as torture. I would rather sit and do nothing than watch a film.

6. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

well I'm watching the Santa clause 2...silly and enjoyable way of putting of wrapping gifts!

7. Miracle on 34th Street here... still have presents to wrap... hoping the last few will turn up in the mail if she comes later...

8. I watched Miracle on 34th street yesterday, the good old fashioned black and white film.

9. Oooooh, have just remembered that the musical version of 'Christmas Carol' is on at 6pm today.
    Excellent, something even more **** that I can waste my time watching [​IMG]

10. We just sky plussed Christmas 24 whilst we were away at the weekend

I am currently plussing more **** whilst we watch the recorded ****

[​IMG]

11. We don't have a t.v (well, we do, but it gets used as a computer screen only as the arial doesn't work) Boo. I'm typing to you through a massive wide screen.

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I watched Miracle on 34th Street yesterday.....and am currently watching the remake whilst awaiting the car to take me to Mum's....at least I know how it ends!

13. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

oh coffeekid, does my bum look big on it?

14. I...just....can't....tear....myself...away.....
    Went from jingle all the way to miracle on 34th street (despite watching the original yesterday) and have now channel hopped over to BBC1 for cars.
    I'm going to end up like one of those people who end up getting fused to their sofas....

15. Watching cars too. Am quite excited (how lame) as I haven't seen it yet.

16. I've given up on cars. Remembered how disappointing it was the first time round [​IMG]

17. How bad am I ... Having decided that cars was rubbish I am now watching golden balls

18. I've finally reached the playstation and introduced the lovefilm dvd to it.
    Watching 'letters to juliet' with a big bag of popcorn :)

19. I liked that film

20. Very enjoyable....although the last 10 minutes were incredibly cheesy, even by my standards!