1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WATCH OUT

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by stunica, May 2, 2012.

1. My computer went weird, it does that. While on supply in my NQT year, I used to pass out sweets at the end of the day whom I thought deserved it, a behaviour motivator. However, at the end of one day some child got back into the class and helped himself to a load of sweets. Other than that, I had no problems on supply that way. However, in a permanent post in an EBD school, a pupil got my mobile and while I and other staff were trying to persuade the little "angel" to hand it back, he sent 2 rude texts to my stepson and a friend.

2. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

Only thing I have had happen is my book of stickers nicked out of my folder on supply in a reception class. Funny thing was the culprit was easy to spot as all the class has 2-3 stickers on them and asked where they got them from. They pointed to a rather loud smug individual who had hid them under the drawers.

3. LOL! Reminds me of one of the new academies of excellence in Plimurf. "Ere miss, do you want your fockin weels back?" (2 promising young footballers had nicked the wheels of this woman's fockin impretzer anat.) Oh, how we loled!

4. I had similar but the individual in question was known to be somewhat keen to take school home with him and was generally checked by staff at the classroom door anyway (he'd try to take something home most nights) and my stickers were intercepted leaving the building.
    Also had a few schools where I've been asked "do you want to put your car with the others on the school field so we can lock it in for the day - we haven't had any nicked in a few weeks mind you."

5. One of the girls in my class stole my card downloader... and then returned it a week later. We have a new male attractive TA she fancies and she has been really difficult since he started constantly being rude to me. Don't know why he is about ten years younger than me, we are a little chummy because he is also an archaeologist forced into other employment by circumstances...