1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wasting/saving water story

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by inky, Jun 12, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Go ahead and write your own! I sometimes think that there are so many 'resources' at our disposal that we'rein dnager of losing all our creativity.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

whoops:

we're in danger

By the way I hope you don't mind if I strart a new thread on the back of this one...

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Following on from inky's suggestion, I would suggest something involving children who have to walk a long way to get their water and contrast it with our situation in some way.

4. You might find inspiration and resources on a developing world charity website such as Oxfam, CAFOD or Christian Aid.

5. Or Wateraid

6. Not a story, but a good activity is when ever somebody needs to do something with water, they have to take it out of a bucket (jug to flush toilet, cup to drink, jug to fill up handwashing/painting etc. Every time the bucket is empty the whole class has to go on the longest possible walk around the school site to where water can be collected. Makes them appreciate what we have!