1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

washing line display

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mancminx, Jun 20, 2008.

1. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Today ive taken down a washing line display and placed it elsewhere. Id like to put something else on the washing line but cant think of anything.
    any ideas please?
    Thanks

2. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Today ive taken down a washing line display and placed it elsewhere. Id like to put something else on the washing line but cant think of anything.
    any ideas please?
    Thanks

3. juliateacher has a sentence washing line on her site - it shows the technical components of a sentence eg verb, noun, adverb etc......

4. I have number lines on mine - various ones - paper plates with pictures are one of my favourites e.g. daleks plates with 3 daleks on for counting in 3s.
    also FDP line - equivalent cards underneath each other attached with treasury tags if that makes sense. Don't know what year group you are but maybe days or months? timeline for history?
    clock times in day? (events could be attached again with tags)
    large birthday badges are nice on a line or birthday cards

5. We have not long taken down our 'olympic alphabet' with upper and lower case letters. At the moment we have some pictures with positional language on. Now I need some ideas for symmetry cards to make. We change it quite frequently to tie in with either lit or numeracy. Children tend to use it more now as a resource.
    I suppose it does depend on year group.
    I like the ideas of using daleks barley343.

6. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Thanks for the replies.
    I already have a numberline on a different washing line. I was thinking of doing something with clocks. Its year 1. If i hang large clocks showing times then the time written in words hanging under them will it look ok?

7. mancminx That sounds fine. I have made some cards with a clock and time written underneath. But it has stuff on it like 7 o' clock breakfast. If you want I could send you an example of what I mean.

8. p.s. then if you liked them you could have the rest.

9. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

10. I have just got into my new classroom and I have got a washing line display.
    I lack ideas!!
    I am in year 5, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Mel