1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Was recommended yesterday but feel numb...

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by littleme28, Jul 3, 2020.

1. littleme28

littleme28 New commenter

As title...I was recommended yesterday but I don't feel anything. No happiness...no feeling of joy or relief...just numb.

Even in the last couple of weeks, the manipulation and lies from my provider escalated. I know it will hit me in the next few days, but at the moment I feel as if I have just stepped out of a coercive relationship and I am broken.

I just had to get that off my chest...can't sleep, eat or do anything.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  2. 43Meadows

43Meadows New commenter

Sounds like it already has. So you have been recommended for qts? That’s great news. Focus on looking forward, easier said than done I know. What has gone before is in the past and cannot be changed. Have a day or two to allow your feelings through then try and focus on the future. I think all of us are feeling deflated, no last day of term etc it’s a non-event so you are not alone.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  3. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Yep, chin up. The fun starts now. not later,now.

4. inkymark

inkymark New commenter

Agree with the above quote. I am jubilant at being recommended for QTS but receiving your certificate by email and no real ability to get together with your fellow trainees and celebrate etc removes some of the enjoyment. However, we are entering an amazing profession, although at a difficult time, and it is a real chance to make a difference even if just a little... Looking forward is the best approach together with knowing that you have achieved a great deal just getting through the last year!!! Once again, congratulations!!!!! :)

5. JJ83

JJ83 New commenter

Well done, if you continue to feel the way you do contact your GP