1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Warwick PGCE Interview

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by pigswhufc, May 1, 2008.

1. i would say prob a topic relevant to the subject area.... could use trade unions and what is happening at the moment in schools (teachers going on strike ect), that brings the business aspect and whats happening today....hope that helps

2. Belovedisland, do whatever you feel most comfortable with. I had my PGCE interview at Warwick a few years ago, Prue and Brian are both very nice and you will have your interview with one of these. I cant remember being asked any specific subject knowledge questions, although they may ask this. They will just want to get to know you and see that you are keen/enthusiastic and have an interest in teaching (have some knowledge of up-to-date educational issues). Which current educational topic were you planning to talk about? I remember someone doing talking about educational issues on my interview and they got on to the course no worries.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions if you like.

Ste

3. Hi

I am currently doing the PGCE in Business Education at Warwick. If you want any advice, email me your address and I can possibly help you. Prue and Brian are brilliant tutors.

Kind regards
    Becki

4. Hi guys,

Thanks for replying back, I'm getting really nervous now. What i'm most worried about is my lack of economics knowledge I find it really interesting but I didn't really cover it that much in my degree and i'm worried that will show up in my interview. As for the presentation I have a few ideas which i'm working on at present but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

my email is caralara@live.co.uk

- to becki, how have you found this year? what have your placements been like? I have heard so many good things about warwick really dont want to mess it up!

also do you think they will be more lenient with me in the interview as its my birthday that day :) it was just a thought!

Thanks again!

5. HEY JUST IN REPLY ABOUT ECONOMICS, IM AN NQT AND IM TEACHING IT FOR THE 1ST TIME, LIKE YOU I DIDNT DO MUCH IN MY DEGREE, DROPPED IT AFTER 1ST YEAR, BUT FOR PGCE THEIR NOT TOO INTERESTED IN SUBJECT KNOWLEDGE AT THIS STAGE.... ITS A CONTINOUS DEVELOPMENT AREA ALL THE TIME BECAUSE OF NEW COURSES BEING INTRODUCED ECT... THEY JUST WANT TO SEE THAT YOU ARE ENTHUASTIC, THE SUBJECT KNOWLEDGE IN BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS WILL GET BETTER THE MORE YOU TEACH.

HOPE THIS GETS RID OF SOME NERVES....

6. Hi
    I completed by PGCE at warwick several years ago now, my degree was business with limited economics and i got on the course, so dont worry about that, the interview etc is fine, just relax, i had several interviews to get on PGCE courses and found warwick the most relaxed. They just want to see you are keen and enthisiastic and willing to work hard. I did my presentation on how I would teach a business topic - motivation. but you could do something on enterprise. Warwick seem really good compared to alot other pgce courses i have heard about since, some ok schools in coventry and if you have transport they also place you in the surrounding area so lemington spa and birmingham. They organise it all for you unlike some other pgce courses which you have to organise your own.

Hope ths helps.

D

7. I know this is a long time ago, but if you could give me some tips, I would be highly appreciative