1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Warning triangles!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain scarlet, Dec 30, 2017.

1. captain scarlet

captain scarlet Established commenter

I was wondering, has anybody anywhere, seen the green warning triangle on the weather?
    Red Amber and Yellow I have seen, but there is always the green one at the bottom.
    What is the point of it?
    Obvoius it is not a big thing, or they would be quoting all the time.
    Today there is a green warning for a bit of wind or something.

Whilst I am on the subject of the weather, in the Winter, you always get the feels like, [wind chill factor], O.K. makes it colder, but it was cold to start with.
    Why is it , which would be more health beneficial, in the Summer months, Todays temperature will be about 27 degree C you do not get the, in direct Sun, it will be 42 degrees C.

I think it would be a good idea.
    Many a time ouside my back door, where I have my min-max thrmometer, it has reached over 100 degrees F.
    [I like F, it is much more fun]

I do not actually know any people who live or work 1 metre off the ground in a shaded box.

chelsea2 likes this.
  2. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I have wondered a similar thing too.

3. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

There are probably lots of little people in Iceland, beavering away in such raised, shaded boxes. Or such was the impression I got on reading the current thread on Personal about that country.

4. captain scarlet

You know exactly what I mean

5. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

OH no I DON'T!

6. captain scarlet

come on kids, "OH YES YOU DO"