1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WARNING - THAILAND TEACHER TAX REFUND

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by bthorburn, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I also recommend Thormaturge to those wanting to reclaim tax having worked in Thailand. I received all of my 2010 and 2011 tax back a few months ago, and expect to receive my 2012 tax back sometime next year. Without using his service this would not have happened as my school were obstructive and cooking the books to avoid paying over income tax that had been deducted from my salary to the Thai tax authorities. This guy is experienced, thorough, professional and honest, and I fully endorse his service.

2. Could you please send me the details for Thormaturge?
    I pay a huge amount of tax at a very well known school in Bangkok. There's a pretty good chance that most of it is tea money as they tend to dodge questions about tax and most people who ask too many questions don't get their contract renewed. Fingers crossed I'm not here for much longer.

3. Check your messages.

4. Thormaturge

Thormaturge New commenter

Marty has been in touch, thanks, and is now well appraised of his situation.

5. Follow up to my post above dated 22 Dec 20012. I have now received my final tax refund payment for the tax year 2012, thanks to the work of Thormaturge, who paid the cheque into my bank account last month. The entire process from beginning the claim to receiving the final payment took around 21 months, but this was with an unethically managed school, dragging it's feet with the paperwork. I guess the message is be patient, and use Thormaturge's tried and tested services! I'll be buying him a beer on my next transit through Bkk!

6. I have just received the last of my tax from working in Thailand, all thanks to Thormaturge.The process has been really easy (from my point of view) and takes about 18 months. I would highly recommend his professional service if you want to claim a tax refund in Thailand.

7. I have just received the last of my tax from when I worked in Thailand, all thanks to Thormaturge. The process has been really easy (from my point of view) and has taken about 18 months.I would highly recommend the professional services of Thormaturge if you want to claim back a tax refund from Thailand.

8. northcarolina15

northcarolina15 New commenter

aggie_blunt likes this.
  9. sarahloughran8

sarahloughran8 New commenter

Could someone send me the contact details of Thormaturge?

Thormaturge likes this.
  10. aggie_blunt

aggie_blunt New commenter

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    Since departing Thailand in July, I received my 2015 tax back in the time frame predicted, right before x-mas :) .. the rest (2016) is expected to arrive around April/May 2017.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  11. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.