1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Warning... Super Moon

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by Sinkingship, May 2, 2012.

1. Just a quick warning apparently on Saturday their is a super moon. Something to do with the moon been full and closest it will be to the earth for the full year.
    I'm a great believer the effect of the moon has on behaviour along with the wind. So I thought I would be helpful and say we have a double whammy lots of wind and a full super moon.
    So please don't blame the inept SMT or general society deterioration blame it on the moonlight (and the wind).
    Do you think it has an effect on students behaviour, it is where the word LUNAtic comes from?

2. Just a quick warning apparently on Saturday their is a super moon. Something to do with the moon been full and closest it will be to the earth for the full year.
    I'm a great believer the effect of the moon has on behaviour along with the wind. So I thought I would be helpful and say we have a double whammy lots of wind and a full super moon.
    So please don't blame the inept SMT or general society deterioration blame it on the moonlight (and the wind).
    Do you think it has an effect on students behaviour, it is where the word LUNAtic comes from?

3. I noticed behaviour worse during new moons rather than full. And I noticed staff as well as pupils behaving differently/unpredictably.

4. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things that affect children's behaviour in classrooms, in order of descending importance:
    <ol>[*]Their family background/ cultural context[*]Their character[*]The effectiveness of the behavour policy in school[*]The quality of the teacher's authority[*]The quality of the lesson[*]What their friends think[*]The weather[*]The plotline of Eastenders the night before[*]The decisions of the judges on Britain's Got Talent[*]The number of Smurfs beginning with the letter 'M'[*]The Moon.</ol>I hope this clears things up
    Tom
    Read more from Tom here on his blog, or follow him.