1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Warning Con men at work

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by tiredme, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Teaching Resources.co.uk contacted me about a free trial of their resources, I said that sounds interesting so they sent me the link. I forgot about it and never logged on to check the resources out. Then my finance office contacts me saying I have a £400 bill for resources - I checked back to my emails and saw the small print, which I know I should have check first, and I was horrified to see that if you didn't cancel the 2 week trail they automatically sign you up!! Complete con men how can anyone be allowed to con schools please be aware of this and please read the small print.

2. Best thing to do is not click on the link and agree to terms and conditions. I had an email, but ignored it as i knew i wold forget to deal with it.
    WS

3. going grey quickly

going grey quickly New commenter

after reading an earlier thread about this company (as luck would happen within 30 days of my registering with this site) I emailed them and cancelled my registration. If yousearch this site, you will see many horror stories about their terms and conditions and the invoices they send out

4. Two teachers at my school signed up to the free trial and they were unaware that they would be automatically billed for resources at the end of the trial period. The school is not paying the invoices.

5. I have been fuming all day after just being 'had' by this disgusting company! I'm pretty fierce on the phone but I could tell from the rock-hard responses of their telephonists that this is how they operate; probably banking on the fact that time-poor teachers a) don't read the small print and b) don't expect to get conned by educational resources companies (it's pretty damn low isn't it?) We'll be holding off paying the invoice and I'd be interested to know what other people have done. Am dreading telling the Head **sigh**!!

6. Hi all I too missed the small print and my reminder email was sent urging the holidays, what was the upshot of not paying the invoices do they give up. I poke to a real rottweiler on the phone who would not budge. I downloaded my freebies and never logged on again....help

7. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Whilst the company is disgusting, you did sign up to their terms and conditions.
    I can remember some people disputing these contracts on the fact that the teacher did not have the authority to make a contract on behalf of the school.