1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

War and Peace

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by zm2010, Jun 15, 2012.

1. zm2010

zm2010 New commenter

Hi

I wanted to know if anyone has any got any good resources on war and peace. I have an observation coming up and I have to teach this topic to a year 9 class (mixed ability range). I have had a look on TES resources and only found a KS4 powerpoint which is aimed more on a GCSE style format with a link to exam questions.

2. pete14

pete14 New commenter

I don't wish to seem to be being contentious but for an observed lesson, would you not feel more comfortable and confident using resources you have come up with yourself? That way, you can more easily ensure that your objectives can be demonstrated to have been met by pupils during the lesson.

3. zm2010

zm2010 New commenter

I just want to see some examples of how others have delivered this topic.

4. What angle do you want to look at this topic from? I teach a Peace and Conflict unit in Y9, asking if religion is a cause of conflict or a source of hope for peace. I have some resources for this and will send you the, if you want - but they're not specifically 'war and peace' as we go on to this at GCSE