1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wanting to make a friend whose starting NQT in KS2 an essentials box- what to put in it?????

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Spice0012, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Spice0012

Spice0012 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I've got a friend whose starting her NQT year with a mixed Yr 5/6 and I'm wanting to make her an essentials box, so far I've got tones of biros (all colours) staple gun and refills, mug, coffee, tea bags, head ache tablets, hand wash, stickers, note pads, post-it notes,

and that's where I just cant think having spent all of my career in nursery, pre-school and reception - I feel so out of touch with KS2

Help

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Alcohol

3. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Chloroseptic spray

4. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

What a good friend!!

Biscuits / cereal bars

Chocolate

Chocolate

Anything with chocolate.

5. Snoopy1975

Snoopy1975 New commenter

Hand sanitiser

6. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

Tissues. Lots of tissues.

7. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

What I would really like is a personalised stamp. I don't know where you can get them, but if you can find out, I think it would be a great gift. Useful for marking work: "Miss Kartoshka says well done!" (or similar). I'd also like one that says "This book belongs to Miss Kartoshka" (I take a lot of my own books into school, and it would look nicer than just scribbling my name in the corner). Or a name labelling thing, so that things like her staple gun that you've put in the box can be labelled with her name, and don't get borrowed and lost.

8. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Oh, and a lot of teachers think a laminator is essential. If your friend is of the same mindset, perhaps you could add some laminating pouches to the box.

9. Spice0012

Spice0012 New commenter

kartoshka- try PTS or the sticker factory use to have them.