1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wanting to go part-time but no valuable reason?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by adam10102, Apr 26, 2012.

1. I am currently an Assistant Headteacher in a local primary school; My wife is a nurse and currently works full-time incl weekends. I have been Assistant Headteacher for the past two years, first year I was on cover but got made permanant Assistant Head last September. However, I am looking to cut my work load down and one of my options is wanting to go part-time to at least three days a week. I've discussed this with my wife and after looking at our morgate, It looks like I will be able to cut down but I have no valuable reason to do this. I am worried the Headteacher will deney my request as the structure for next year, is currently on going and there are a lot of change round.

2. Is a valid reason to give to ask for three days a week. If you need to embellish then you can say in order to have a work-life balance and to see more of your wife. You can only ask and the HT can say yes or no! If you don't ask then you certainly will not get reduced hours.