1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

want to lose weight for summer hols

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by beckie99, May 4, 2009.

1. Well, I've been really good - but today is Saturday and son is away so we are going out for 'a couple of pints' - so that's 400 calories, for starters! And as Saturday Night is Cheese Night, I may as well give in. Still, can see muffin top disappearing and actually feel slimmer - have dared to wear summer clothes!
    You're not pregnant are you, Twelfthnight?
    Cx

2. My sister just sent this to me:

Only
    women can understand this one. This is a specially formulated diet
    designed to help us cope with the stress that builds during the day.

Breakfast
    1 grapefruit
    1 slice whole wheat toast
    1 cup skim milk

Lunch
    1 small portion lean, steamed chicken
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup herbal tea
    1 Hershey's kiss

Afternoon Snack
    The rest of the Hershey kisses in the bag
    1 tub of Hagen-Daaz ice cream with chocolate chips

Dinner
    4 glasses of wine (red or white)
    2 loaves garlic bread
    1 family size supreme pizza
    3 Snickers Bars

Late Night Snack
    1 whole Sarah Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer) [Thus helping with the hot flashes.]

Remember: Stressed spelled backward is desserts.

Cx

3. Ok, I have just done all my measurements, going to measure myself every sat morning to see if there's any difference... big shock, my boobs measure in at 39"... no wonder I can't button up those shirts anymore!
    So here we go... let the change of lifestyle commence! Yay! [​IMG]

4. Hehe! Cals I love that diet diary! Have emailed to a few friends now - hope you don't mind!
    Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday. Have been sunbathing most of the afternoon and now looking a lovely shade of lobster (quite lucky though and it will be all brown and lovely when I wake up in the morning)! Watching the rugby now and I think England forgot to set their alarm clock - useless!
    Here's my diet and fitness diary for yesterday:
    Diet : two weetabix with skimmed milk, bagel with small bit of butter, scrape of mayo and wafer thin ham shredded on top, yoghurt, cereal bar and some WW sweet chilli crisp things (don't buy them girls, they're horrible and expensive), WW chicken curry and a packet of fruit gums (only 1.5 points so brilliant for quenching the sweet craving).
    Fitness : None **hangs head in shame**. But I was practically in agony from all my stretching with weights the day before.
    Hope everyone is getting on ok. Weigh in day on Tuesday. Aaaahhh!
    Rach x

5. pigginkt

pigginkt New commenter

I can definitely bloat! In, fact whenever I eat my favourite food - pizza I become a house! lol
    Here's to a healthy week for all of us! Good luck on the weigh ins ladies!
    Today looks like this (If I stick to plan!)

B: 100g Just Right cereal (I know 100g is too much but OMG I love this cereal!)
    L: 3x oatcakes, fruit salad (Watermelon, mango, banana)
    S: Yoghurt
    D: Chiniese style rib steak, 2x waffles, 1/2 tin of baked beans
    E: 40 mins treadmill

Have a good day back at school guys! I tend to eat better when at school, there's no biccies/chocolates in the staffroom EVER and only fruit available in clasrooms so no temptations!

6. You're lucky.There's always choccies and biscuits in our staff room and as I'm not happy in my work it's even more tempting but I shall try to resist today! [​IMG]

7. My official weigh day is Monday, but I actually weigh myself every day. I've been up and down, but the last four Mondays have been the same - very frustrating.
    I ate loads of cheese yesterday (having watched that programme!) and weighed in 2lbs less today!
    Going to be very good today - had my half a grapefruit!
    I don't bother measuring myself - just try on my Holy Grail Jeans - I can just about do them up, but not quite wear them yet! Did, however, wear a pair of trousers on Saturday - which I bought in the sales in January and they were miles too tight then - but fitted (and I ate a curry in them!) - very pleased with that.
    Cx

8. any hints or tips about avoiding alcohol - there's nothing better than a lovely glass of chardonnay or ice cold amstel after a hard day at work but its playing havoc with my waistline -particularly when i get the post drink munchies! ive tried saying only have a drink at weekends but i get to wednesday and convince myself its nearly the weekend (please dont say its AA i need rather than Weight watchers!!)

9. Oooh! I know. I did treat myself to an ice cold cider yesterday after a day in the garden - 3 points on WW and it was worth it.
    On WW all diet drinks are free - diet coke, diet lemonade etc... so I found it good to have a bottle in the fridge and make sure I have ice cubes in it (makes it taste better and I can imagine they are bacardi ice cubes!) also sugar free squash is free so I keep the pure squash in the fridge too so that is nice and cold.
    As long as the drink is cold; I don't seem to miss the alcohol as much. And if you really want a glass of wine then (if your on WW) then just figure some into your points at the weekend. [​IMG]

10. notascientist!

notascientist! New commenter

WEll although I only started WW on Thursday, my weekly weigh was today - I lost 1 lb! Not great but it was a step in the right direction, hasn't been that easy to follow this weekend, and only a few days anyway!
    I have been really good today - no biscuits even at meeting when they were right infront of me - think it helps that it is SO hot, I just can't eat chocolate!
    See how the evening goes as it is a few hours before OH is home for dinner. Aim to take dogs out for a while as it will be good for me, and takes away the temptation of snacking.

11. I cut out alcohol for a month and lost nearly a stone, without even changin my eating habits.

12. Oh my god! How much were you drinking? [​IMG]

13. I don't drink at all and am still fat lol!

14. Me neither! Still not started diet. I need to be much more organised so I'm not finding myself going to the shop for rubbish. Still going to WW tomorrow though as don't want to give in altogether.

15. Evening Ladies! Well, here's my diet & fitness for today - been a bit of a mish mash really as you'll see. But finally feel like I've eaten a decent days food now!
    Breakfast : Rice krispies & semi skimmed milk
    Lunch : Ham sandwich with some chilli relish stuff, ryvita sunbites and cereal bar
    Tea : Salad (and then because I didn't like the fishy thing I'd made to accompany the salad), Ham sandwich with chilli relish, ryvita sunbites and some blackcurrant sugar free jelly
    Exercise : 2 miles on treadmill and played about on cross trainer. Doing that properly in the morning. Also need to invest in some shorts as it was boiling in my long trouser things this morning.
    Big weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    Rach x

16. Well done and good luck teachenglishrach [​IMG]

17. pigginkt

pigginkt New commenter

Your all doing really well... jujubear you can do it! Resist temptation!
    Mine today:
    B: Just right cereal, 1/2 glass of OJ
    L: 2x weetabix, yoghurt, banana
    S: Japanese rice crackers
    D: Not sure yet.. have 800 clas ot play with, maybe chicken kiev with peas?
    Loving this hot weather... anyone else trying to get into a bikini.. I have 2 months to go and I'm scared! Argh!

18. Well done all and good luck Rach
    Chicken Kiev - isn't that full of butter?
    I was very good yesterday - here's my log:
    B - tea and half a grapefruit
    L - 1oz cheddar, 1/2 oz stilton, 1/2 oz brie, 2 multigrain Ryvita and a handfull of sprouts (mung bean, aduki and lentil)
    D - 1oz feta, 6 olives, 4oz new potatoes (smattering of marge), salad and a bit of vinegrette
    S - about 1/4 o/z low fat cheddar (went out and bought that, the feta and camembert as it's all low)
    Only drank fizzy water all day (can't stand coke, squash etc and this felt a bit like one of those little beers!)
    Excercise - watering the plot and 2 1/2 hours of digging! - Oh, and walking to Sainsbury's.
    2lbs down on yesterday!
    Alcohol? Just count the calories!! But I'm going to try not to have any today too!
    Cx

19. Looks like no work today, so I'm off to do some more digging!
    Cx

20. Yay, went to the gym yesterday for a step class. This is a big step for me as I hate going places on my own, have only just moved to the area and was absolutely petrified! But I did it and now I've done it once I'll be able to go every week. Phew!
    two days in... remember I'm "losing inches" rather than weight, so I'll measure up again on Sat and see if I've lost anything! :) x