1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

want to lose weight for summer hols

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by beckie99, May 4, 2009.

1. Went to LBT tonight but I have eaten 6 slices of toast at different points today, ha! so am just about breaking even.

Combat tomorrow. Still my absolute favourite class.

Have realised today nothing irritates me more than much skinnier girls than me who are far less coordinated and far less fit. Just. Not. Fair! [​IMG]

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'm with you on that one Bunique!! One of my really good friends is 5'10" tall and a size 10, and she eats like a piggy and does no exercise. She decided to join the gym and go with me when I was about 29 weeks pregnant. We both got on the steppers - I was doing level 9 and she was doing level 3 and her heartrate was significantly higher than mine, and she had to stop after a few minutes!!! When I stopped going to the gym at 35 weeks, so did she!
    I didn't go to the class as I really do ache after training yesterday. I had about 12 weeks of no gym at all at the end of my pregnancy and the first few weeks after having my baby and I hadn't done weights for a long time. I've been to the gym 5 times since Wednesday!
    Today i've eaten:
    weetabix and blueberries
    jacket potato with tuna and salad
    salad with quinoa and mixed beans
    nectarine, strawberries and yogurt
    and i've been for a walk in the boiling weather!

3. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Well I am back to work next week so I think my saintly exercise regime may be downhill from then on. I can't believe the holidays are over already. My new school is really far away, requires a half hour walk to the bus there and back. Still, thats about 4 miles walking a day on top of any real exercise I do, which should keep my weight down!
    Today I've had
    2 slices of toast with butter and jam, a bowl of banana and strawberries, and a cup of tea. Off to do my weights at the gym now, then stock up on some new work trousers. I swear I change shape all the time.

4. I *may* be imagining it, but I think I'm starting to see some shape changes. Some definition appearing in my obliques - just have to get rid of the bulging belly in front of them and I'll be on my way ;)

Did bake an amazingly chocolates cake this evening...licked the bowl a bit and gave the leftovers to my other half. And I don't think I'll get any of the actual cake. Progress ;)

5. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Perfect proof that being thin is not the be all and end all of the world. We should take heart from their skinny *** who can put one foot in front of the other and be glad that we are (on our way to) being fitter, healthy and more co-ordinated than they are. And we probably have bigger boobs too. So there :p

6. Amen to that, ha!!!

7. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

The friend I was talking about has huge boobs as well as being skinny. Oh, and she's blonde. And French. It's a good thing she's such a good friend or i'd probably hate her! lol.
    Although my post-pregnancy boobs are pretty massive now!!! Hope they decrease a bit in size actually.

8. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Aw thats just unfair Chica! I am jealous of your friends figure and I don't even know her!
    I am sure you'll decrease in size a bit - I am not speaking from experience, but I would guess your boobs are going to be a bit bigger for a wee bit ,cos its not long since you;ve had the baby is it?
    I have just totally ruined all my good work... Went to a friends house for dinner last night and they decided that they would rather order takeaway! So we had the dreaded, fattening indian. I had a few spoonfuls of rice, and about a third of a portion of veggie dansak. Plus one poppadom and 3 pakoras. No wonder I am not really losing weight! I also shared a brownie afterwards. I shoud just eat salad for the rest of the week!
    I've just had an apple, yoghurt and a boiled egg with a slice of toast for breakfast. Going to head off to the gym in a minute. I went yesterday but I need to repair some of the damage. On the plus side, I have just received my sponsorship stuff for the marathon. Am so excited but terrified at the same time!

9. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

I just typed a big long reply and it didn't post! So annoying.
    Chica, is it something to do with breastfeeding? I'm not speaking from experience here but maybe as your body adjusts your boobs will too?
    I am so disappointed in myself. Went to my friends for tea and instead of making dinner, they decided to order a curry! I had a couple of spoons of rice, a bit of vegetable dansak and 3 pakoras. And then shared a chocolate brownie! No wonder I still have such a belly on me!
    I am going to hit the gym today big time. I really need to try and repair some of the damage.
    On a more positive note, I got my sponsorship stuff for the marathon. Just need to start training!

10. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Oh it did post. Oops, sorry about that! Didn't need to retype after all.

11. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'd be terrified of doing any sort of marathon! At the moment i doubt I could run down the street! lol
    My baby is 8 weeks and 3 days old now. I had problems breastfeeding so have to mainly formula feed, but I am still feeding him myself, so i guess when I stop that my boobs will get smaller!
    I've had 2 personal training sessions this week and I plan to go to step aerobics tonight. The step class is a killer so I hope I can handle it!! I'll probably go to the gym on Sunday too.
    I've been really good with my eating too. Yesterday I had:
    poached eggs on toast
    prawn salad
    veggie grill with quinoa, green beans and peas
    2 nectarines with low fat natural yogurt
    I'm making a food diary and am going to show it to my personal trainer so I have to be good or i'll be embarrassed! [​IMG]

12. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

I'm nervous too. I do running at the moment, but mainly on the treadmill now and only a couple of miles at a time. 26 is loads!!
    Your eating is putting me to shame Chica! You have been good.
    I think I was really getting accustomed to being superhealthy with my food. I've had a bit of an upset stomach after that curry (sorry, prob too much information!). Maybe all the fat and processed stuff is just a shock to my system.

13. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I have to be good Emi to make up for the chocolate I ate while I was pregnant! I've totally lost my sweet tooth now which i'm really pleased about.
    Today i've had:
    scrambled egg on toast
    prawn and quinoa salad
    nuts and raisins
    dinner will be tuna steak and veg
    I'm going to do the step aerobics class tonight and i've been for a walk along the seafront with little Jack.

14. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Well yesterday I had:
    a roll and 2 boiled eggs
    steamed veg, cottage cheese and hummus
    spinach and ricotta tortellini
    slice of margarita pizza

Today I've had
    salmon and cream cheese on brown bread, with a side salad
    fruit salad and creme fraiche, cappucino, square

Walked about 6 miles yesterday and 2 today. Gym tomorrow for weights! I go back to work next week... Really not looking forward to it!!!

15. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Well yesterday I had:
    a roll and 2 boiled eggs
    steamed veg, cottage cheese and hummus
    spinach and ricotta tortellini
    slice of margarita pizza

Today I've had
    salmon and cream cheese on brown bread, with a side salad
    fruit salad and creme fraiche, cappucino, square

Walked about 6 miles yesterday and 2 today. Gym tomorrow for weights! I go back to work next week... Really not looking forward to it!!!
    of

16. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Sorry I am not sure why that double posted. Don't know what my computer is doing!

17. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

That step class was hard last night! Seriously, I think giving birth was easier!! And it took less time!
    I haven't really done any exercise today apart from walking to Sainsburys and back, but i'll go to the gym tomorrow. I have personal training on Mon and Wed next week and I plan to do a class on Tues morning and one on Thurs morning, then I will have Fri off! I have to work my gymming around my husband's shifts and he's going to be on lates next week. I don't want to leave little Jack with anyone else at the moment, he's too young.
    Today i've had:
    fruit and fibre
    tuna salad
    dinner will be fajitas and nachos. Not the healthiest, but we've got my brother-in-law and his girlfriend coming round for dinner and we wanted to make something nice. When I say 'we', my hubby is actually doing the cooking! He's making everything himself, no packet mixes or anything.

18. Can we ignore
    1. that someone else is cooking it
    2. that it's made from scratch
    3. that its utterly delicious
    4. that someone else will be eating it too
    and concentrate on the fact that if you eat it it will knock your points skyward?
    It doesn't somehow contain fewer calories for any of the above reasons!

19. EmiW

EmiW New commenter

Homemade is much better for you! Doesn't have any of the processed rubbish that you get in packets, and it can be lower calories as you know exactly whats going into it rather than a possibly calorific packet sauce. Also fajitas can be healthy if you use lean or quorn mince, spray oil, low fat cheese, and no sour cream.

20. Full of calories though! Even if you do your own.