1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Want to leave long term supply position as I feel compromised. Who do I talk to?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Tiggy99, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Tiggy99

Tiggy99 New commenter

I am in a long term supply 2 day a week nursery teaching position in a school that is in a lot of trouble. I won’t go into it all here. I have a lot of experience having been an Early Years Advisor for an LA and a long term teacher. I have just returned from a career break.
    My question is do I speak to my current agency and ask them to find me something else ? Or do I sign up with other agencies? I didn’t really want to get caught up in too many conversations about the school as I know the head will try to keep me....
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks

pepper5 likes this.
  2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Approach your agency and tell them that the assignment is not for you and you are giving them one week's notice. The agency will tell the school. The agency should be able to find someone within one week. They may find someone immediately in which case you can leave immediately.

There is nothing stopping you from joining other agencies as well as asking your current agency to find you another assignment. They may not like it that you are leaving early, but you have to look after yourself and as long as you give them reasonable notice, then there should not be a problem.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. Tiggy99

Tiggy99 New commenter

Yes. I understand that. I don’t want to find myself without work though so am being cautious. I am only available 2 days a week so it is tricky finding a placemt anyway.

agathamorse likes this.