1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Want a POWERPOINT writing?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by valed, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Looks nice Valed

I can't stand the excitement of all this to be continued stuff!

Dr Who and the Cybermen

Valed's PowerPoints

2. I am Valed, son of Kalel, son of Jorel....

3. Colleen_Young

v funny Valed

4. Really?

5. PROOF being broken into several files - first two are up now.

Pythagoras

Angle sum triangle

Cheers

6. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Just read Tandy's "A Funny Thing Happened" and wondered what you thought about your site.

I have used a few of your powerpoints recently in class and shown them to others in the faculty.

When we print out worksheets from sites eg from mathsguru we make sure that the web address is clearly on the worksheet so that 1) credit goes to the writer 2) pupils are encouraged to access the sites themselves.

What about your spreadsheets? We always share resources around the faculty, with trainees (If they deserve it !!!!!!!!) and increasingly with pupils.

Do you mind if we put them on our school system so that pupils can use and copy them? We are trying to build up a bank of resources for independent learning (no use putting them on the web site as it's useless).

We could just give out your web address but it's difficult to remember.

7. mmmmaths

If your last post was to me....

... just happy that you like the material and can use it.

I have no problem with you d/loading ppts etc onto your site.

Cheers

8. Make that three - Alternate Segment theorem covered now

9. You have NAILED those arcs, mate.

IMMMMMpressed.

10. Hairyarms

I owe it all to you!!!

I was going to put a credit for you on the ppt title page but thought it might seem a little weird to a class of year 11's.....

Seriously, thanks for the tip!

11. You take all the credit, mate.

I shall just have the satisfaction of knowing I have helped another human being in some small way.

12. the powerppoint on circles looks very good but when i try it the text keeps overwriting(superimposing) itself. What am i doing wrong?

13. onelittlevictory

Can u be a little more specific?

Which ppt? Page?

If u Email me a screen print at mathsanswers@btinternet.com I'll galdly try to help.

Cheers

14. COME ON !!!

I need another powerpoint challenge because ....

... Algebraic Proof is nearly finished...

...Constructions will be up if hairyarms answers my email....

15. Colleen_Young

For Data Handling - what is so often missing is the interpretation of all the diagrams. So many books and other reources concentrate on the techniques of producing the diagrams.

16. Casy - u mean I haven't covered interpretation in existing ppts?

Seriously - I can cover this in those ppts if there are any gaps. I'll have a look through this week and update as necessary.

Any DH graphs I have not covered? Apart from Pie / Bar Charts and Line graphs?

17. weggster

weggster New commenter

Hello Valed.

How about a powerpoint based on modulo arithmetic; i.e. showing the reminders left when looking at multiples; something colourful showing how when looking at remainders based on mod 3 you only get 0, 1 and 2 (a colour coded pattern emerging perhaps?). It might work as an investigational style piece using a number line or even a 1 - 100 square (or even more fun incorporating negative numbers).

There's a challenge for you. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

18. Hi Valed

How about dividing a quantity up into a given ratio. I've tried various ways of making this accessible to weak KS3's - using counters and cups etc, drawing it all out on the board step by step, but I would be interested to see someone elses take on it.

Thanks

19. Piccadilly - ratio division is next job OK

Weggester - modulo arithmetic - hmmmm - let me think about how I could do that... will get back to you...

Been trawling the old hard drive [old pc] and found several ppts that I am tidying up - especially my arcs for angles - before posting this week.

Thanks for suggestions