1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Walls have ears

Discussion in 'English' started by amylong, Feb 2, 2012.

1. amylong

amylong New commenter

How about posting the link to it? Could have a look then.
    Amy

2. Clive_Candy

Clive_Candy New commenter

I think the Sunday Times' firewall would prevent me posting a link to the article online but it was Jenni Russell who was 'begging Mr Gove to bring back thinking'. The article referred to a thread on this site and, while I happen to agree with much that she said, I felt she unfairly took the comments in that thread out of their context.

3. Clive_Candy

Clive_Candy New commenter

I think I meant to say "paywall" if that's the word.

4. Sunday Times will not let me read it without paying £2 a week. Psht! A search reveals that she mentioned a thread on here asking for help with a CA about Romeo and Mercutio and says that education is too focused on exam passes than an actual education, though I can't get any more.

5. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Truth is that even the broadsheets can refer to 'sources', and that the few words read in the headline will have their intended effect: sell more papers. For a while, anyway: google Epic 2014.