1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wallace and Gromit a Grand Day Out

Discussion in 'English' started by Wylfie, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

Also posted on primary so apologies for duplication!

Ok, so I have a cracking idea for the next 2 weeks of literacy but it seems no one else shares my enthusiasm. I want to do some story writing based on A Grand Day Out as we are studying space this half term. Has any one else done this in any form or have any ideas as a good starting point?! I was thinking of getting chn to re-tell/re-write the story, describe what Gromit is thinking from facial expressions as he does not speak, re-writing the story going to a different planet. Anything more creative I could do though to get the old talk for writing going? Thanks
    P.S I teach a mixed year 1/2 class

2. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

Also posted on primary so apologies for duplication!

Ok, so I have a cracking idea for the next 2 weeks of literacy but it seems no one else shares my enthusiasm. I want to do some story writing based on A Grand Day Out as we are studying space this half term. Has any one else done this in any form or have any ideas as a good starting point?! I was thinking of getting chn to re-tell/re-write the story, describe what Gromit is thinking from facial expressions as he does not speak, re-writing the story going to a different planet. Anything more creative I could do though to get the old talk for writing going? Thanks
    P.S I teach a mixed year 1/2 class