1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wall clocks

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jo300, Jul 27, 2012.

1. I'm wanting a funky new wallclock for my classroom as I'm sick of the boring old black and white one! Does anyone know where I can get ones that are funny or colourful (similar to the sayings you get on 'Teacher's bags' eg- you can't scare me I'm a Teacher!!')
    Has anybody got one or know where I can get one from? I looked on ebay but they were a bit boring!!
    TIA x

2. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

will it help the children in your age class to read an analogue clock correctly?

3. What year are you teaching? Remember the clock is there for the children as well as you - there may be some who struggle to read a conventional clock face.
    Here's a middle ground- you keep the clock, but use side one of the poster:
    http://www.primaryteaching.co.uk/prod_images/largeproduct/s28.jpg
    This way, it brightens the black and white clock up a little, but it theoretically adds to the learning for the children.

4. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

You could buy the mechanism and make your own. Then it can be any size and have any design, picture, pattern etc that you want. Or you could change the background each term.

5. Thanks for ur replies! I forgot to say I'm in Year 4 and that yes I will still need numbers on it :) I like the idea of making my own tho :)

6. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Argos do a range of brightly coloured and cheap wall clocks. They have clear numbers but not sure about minutes...

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

8. We've just bought some for school that have an analogue and digital clock in one, with the digital display at the bottom. These are great for pupils being able to see the correspondence instantly. Sadly, I don't know where they are from but I think it was an educational catalogue.

9. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

have a look through the county supply cataologue and the DT catalogues, you will certainly find clock mechanisms and instructions.
    I do like the idea of a digi AND analogue face. Possibly with 24 hours marked as well?