1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wales......where do I stand with my job?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teachermiss, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hello, don't want to go into too much details for obvious reasons!
    Was taken on for a one year contract starting Sept 2008......no interview since it was all decided last minute. This then went on for a second year and this is now my third year at the school.
    If the teacher decides not to return to school for September 2011, what happens then?
    Thank you

2. If you have been employed for two or more continuous years then you have the same entitlement as a permanent member of staff- so redeployment/redundancy?? Also 3 years cover?- have they been seconded?
    At least that's my understanding (I teach in Wales but pretty sure it's the same in England too) contact union rep for clarification)

3. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    I have covered a seconded teacher for all this time......does it matter that I wasn't interviewed?
    Thank you.

4. Teaching posts don't have to be advertised and interviewed for- so the fact that you weren't interviewed is irrelevant.

5. Hi, some people are saying that because the job will be permanent if the teacher doesn't return then it has to be advertised.

6. They are wrong- doesn't matter if it's permanent or temporary post.