1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wakefield GTP Anyone??!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by parkerm04, May 8, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have got a School near Pontefract, great as I live in Castleford!
    Are you guaranteed a job at your School at the end of the training ?or does Bradford help with that?
    Marie.

2. That location sounds ideal for you! No, there's no guarantee of a job. There's no indication that anyone will be leaving thus creating a vacancy. Will there be vacancies for you when you qualify?

3. I'm also wanting to apply for 2012, so I've read through this thread and wanted to say congrats to everyone who got a place and good luck to the rest who didn't this year.

4. Thanks Rod (sorry for the delay in replying, I've been on holiday). Thanks for the tip...just getting worried I don't have enough experience! I think I'll be like this until I can apply! Good luck with the course and keep us posted with your progress!!

5. Hi Marie
    I wonder if you could help me. I am hoping to do GTP with wakefield in the future. Could you please let me know your timetable, ie what date do you actually start in September and how does it pan out through September.
    Good luck with your year.
    Thanks for your help

Clare

6. Hi
    Congrats on your GTP with Bradford and good luck for the year ahead.
    I am looking to do GTP in the future and wonder if you could help me by letting me know your timetable for the start of the year, i.e. what date do you actually start the GTP and what happens in the first few weeks.

THanks for your help and once again, good luck

Clare