1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wake and shake songs?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by perky_panda, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Hi, we do wake and shake every morning - have made several CDs for it, mainly things like SClub7, Steps, Michael Jackson etc and have started using Glee songs. But am running out of ideas, kids want to use more modern music but it needs to be fast paced/with a good beat and so far a lot of the music they suggest isn't appropriate (bad language/inuendos). Any suggestions? What do you use?

2. Olly Murs - Dance with me tonight (they love this one)
    Olly Murs - Please don't let me go
    Olly Murs - Thinking of Me
    Smash Mouth - I'm a Believer
    Jack Black - Kung Fu Fighting
    Cee Lo Green - Forget You
    MC the Slide Man - Cha Cha Slide
    Katy Perry - Firework
    Michael Buble - Haven't met you yet
    Elvis vs JXL - A little less conversation
    However, my class just love the old classics too:
    Dolly Parton 9-5
    Sister Sledge - we are family
    Ghostbusters
    KC and the Sunshine Band - Give it up
    MC Hammer - Can't touch this
    Earth, Wind and Fire - September

3. We use Wake Up from Songs for Every Assembly from Out of the Ark Music - but think you are looking at more pop type songs.

4. I use the Just Dance videos that people have uploaded onto Youtube- the children love them and can copy all the dance moves. It is just like playing the game on the interactive whiteboard and the songs are very modern- I do listen to them first though, just to make sure they are appropriate.
    xx

5. Also Scissor Sisters - Don't Feel like Dancing