1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waitrose I'm a convert!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Waitrose quote on their fb page:
    We are appalled by the footage taken at Hall Farm and following an immediate and detailed investigation, we have now ended our relationship with the supplier. For a full statement please see the Duck Welfare discussion topic.

2. This must be the first time those words were used together in a sentence.
    Belle, you're just showing off. [​IMG]

3. I fear not.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Ludicrous.
    Have you been sticking with alternative practitioners since Harold Shipman was convicted? After all he was properly qualified and probably murdered 400 old people?

6. BelleDuJour

7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I have to admit the prospect of owning such a thing is more attractive than the idea of consuming it.

8. BelleDuJour

I did get to taste it before I bought it and it was delicious! No doubt the whole bottle will disappear once the warmer months and outdoor eating season begins [​IMG]

9. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

I must say, I was drawn to the bottles too, when I visited, Belle; they went well with your fab kitchen!
    SSx

10. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

On golden granulated own brand yes. but tesco brand is not the cheapest in tesco and they have a kilo there for 1.33 so brand to brand is not really like to like.
    Anyway, I have been quite sad enough to check this, so I think that is enough tes for one day :-/ Have to go and do some work. What's more, with a grand total of 5 stores in Wales, putting my closest one at 100 mile round trip, I think it is not really a cause of concern. But the thread has been quite interesting.
    I apologies for my shirty tone in my original post - strange how current moods must colour your response to a thread. I first read it and thought ' O my gosh, what a bunch of snobs, I'm done with this site and going elsewhere.', and I read it again today and it seemed fine. Hmm a lesson in there somehwere I think. Apologies.