1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting to hear about interview - how do you pass the time?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Ultrafin, May 11, 2012.

1. I had my first teaching interview in 14 years this morning. And now I have to wait until the end of the day when all the interviews will be over, in order to hear the outcome.

I hate waiting!!

Going to keep busy, go for a run, finish an assignment, eat lunch, snap at the family........

What do you do whilst you're waiting?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

See how many you can eat in the time . . .
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

3. That's a lot of chocolate!! Do you have a sweet tooth Theo?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

That's why I lost most of them at an early age . . .
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

5. Just heard didn't get the job. Disappointed but trying to see it as a learning experience. Head has offered me feedback, so hopefully I will be able to find out why.

Feeling a bit drained now. I was so relieved to get an interview, it's a shame that I'm now feeling so low. I know it will pass, but the whole proving yourself in a couple of hours thing, interview process is just horrible, brutal.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, SO disappointing for you! Yes it is draining and especially when you haven't done one for some while. Theo usually recommends choclolate but I usually post something on our Flowers . . thread to cheer you up. So see if there's 'been a delivery' there.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am very sorry for that disappointment, Ukltrafin. It's hard, isn't it, to receive that sort of news when you had pinned your hopes on it.
    Some feedback can be very useful; others can be useless. Do ask a specific question: What could I do next time to improve my chances of being appointed?
    Hope you have some of that chocolate left - you need it now.
    Best wishes