1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting room for job news.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dominant_tonic, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I couldn't find a waiting room as it were, for waiting for results from interviews or applications etc.
    I'm waiting for a result from a job application, but I fear it is a no-go:-(
    Anyone else waiting for anything?
    This is a totally selfish thread, so I can keep track of who is waiting for what, as I often miss wishing people good luck etc because there are so many of us on here. My aim is to co-erce everyone to this thread, so I can wish people luck for applications and interviews - I get too confuse and don't wish people to think I am just not bothering to wish them luck.
    Thought it may work - alongside all the other threads of course. What do we think?
    Now off to re-read this post to see if it makes any sense! [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

At the moment I try to keep up the Interviews reminders thread, so there might be somewhere to look for interviews. Though some don't like to post which day so they don't have to 'report back', should they de disappointed.
    Also the Flowers . . . thread. A lovely idea started by Theo to post flowers for 'disappointees' (yes I know that's not technically a word, but does describe them).
    But any extra thread for new people can't hurt, as it's really important to help people keep upbeat and supported.

3. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

AAHH!! That will teach me! I have never looked on the interview reminders thread, I thought by the title it was things to remeber to plan for in interviews etc.
    Will have a nosey now.
    The flowers is brill - I am going to spend Saturday I think learning how to post photos - have read all the instructions and I just can't do it! :) I just get so confused! Now I am back on track, so trying to give everyone else a bit of moral support as well.

4. Lara mfl 05

Depends on your browser. Took me about 20 goes with lots of help particularly from marlin. Used IE first and then progressed to Firefox.

5. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

I like this idea. It is a way of seeing we are not alone in these job situations.
    I am waiting to hear from an application but the closing date is not until the 10th of Feb so I am in for a looooooooooooong stay in the waiting room I think.

6. Lara mfl 05

Don't know if that's better or worse than my own situation.
    I'm <u>still waiting</u> for the application form and pack and the CLOSING DATE IS TOMORROW! They only advertised the job last Fri, have phoned to ask for info. to be sent electronically but they're unable to do that and post won't be here till after lunch! (It's the only post that's been advertised since last Oct too!)

7. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Oh no Lara.
    That is a horrible situation. You will need to hand deliver the application then. I will keep everything crossed for you today.

8. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Oh no Lara, can you start your letter at least? Then only the form and ES to do, seems a bit messy. Fingers crossed for you x

9. Lara mfl 05

Still up littlemissraw? Must be nearly ten o'clock out there? working on fact that youngest son out in at the moment is roughly 13 hours ahead.
    Already ahead on that, done a mock up at the weekend. I havealso made electronic versions of the LA forms years ago to simplify applications-just hope they haven't changed them too much since re-organisation.
    It's the Job sped I need to do the ES and then the personal statement or 'additional information section of the form.
    Hence my being on the computer a lot and 'checking these forums' regularlyfor relief.

10. Hello everyone - never posted before but read forums lots and need some advice tonight! Feel very much in the 'waiting room' myself.
    Been to interview today , they said they would try to let us know tonight 'or tomorrow' of their decision. I know lots of people are in the same boat but its so annoying! Just wondering what takes them so long, I had finished by 1.20 and they only had 2 other candidates to interview after me. Wouldn't they have decided by the end of the day? Or is it anything to do with references?
    The last interview for my current job they called me the same day, around 4pm and the one before that they asked us all to stay and told us at 6pm.

There was also an internal candidate......
    Also got an email today inviting me to another interview next Weds, don't know if I have the energy to prepare again, this one has sapped all my energy! Just want to know one way or another about this one so I know what to focus on [​IMG]

11. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Hi Teach,
    Lets focus on the positives here shall we? Two interviews in a week is good going in this climate so you are obviously a strong candidate.
    If you don't get the job today then you will have learned a lot that you can take into the next interview. I know it can be hard going when you do interview after interview but just stay positive!

12. I have a few applications in at the moment, one in particular that I'd like at least an interview for.

13. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

I am hoping to pick up an award for the longest wait in the waiting room! Two of us from my school (which is closing) were interviewed for posts at the new all singing all dancing new school we will amalgamate with in September on Monday and we are still waiting to hear!!! We have no idea how long it will take. Maybe they will observe us, maybe they won't. So far do we hold the record for waiting?????

14. Lara mfl 05

When my LA reorganised many staff had interviews in January, but didn't hear back till about March!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I have been waiting to hear from jobs I interviewed for last Friday and Saturday. Do I have no chance? One of them said they would let me know by next Friday ie today. At least I have another interview lined up for next week though it is hard to stay positive (I am trying) when you have so much rejection. Most recent rejection gave me the feedback that the successful applicant had "excellent academic pedigree" and could coach rugby. I suspect them getting the job was based more on the rugby! I guess it is just a case of if your face fits.

16. Lara mfl 05

How've you got on?

17. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

I resurected dominant tonic's waiting room which I remember last time I was waiting for news of a job. The ASD pupils liked my lesson, I gave 'full' answers, there are 4 jobs but I can't relax until the head phones tomorrow. Fingers crossed...... Who else is in the waiting room??????