I wonder if anyone can help me... I have recently secured a job abroad, which I am very happy about. However, I cannot get a firm job offer until the school have received a reference from my current HT. Unfortunately my current HT is very unhappy with my resignation and has informed me that my current school "will have to wait!" My question is, how long is reasonable to wait for a reference? Bearing in mind my future completely depends on it. There is absolutley no reason for my current HT to withold on this, and no reason to give me a negative reference (although judging by the reaction, I'm concerned this could happen.) I am an NQT and feel worried about how to deal with this: My current HT is under a lot of pressure at present. My new school have contacted me to tell me they are still waiting, I'm not sure what to do next? Help!