1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting on ADEK Approval

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Muddy3, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Muddy3

Muddy3 New commenter

Hi,

I have recently sent all my documentation to ADEK (ME), and has been a week so far since i'm waiting approval, normally how long can this process take? Its making me nervous.

Also i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive result.

Thanks

2. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

Is this for the equivalency? If it is I will post the full details of what needs to be done as I have been to the MoE several times to get mine sorted this year.

3. Muddy3

Muddy3 New commenter

This is approval for the attestation documents that i have uploaded on to their website.

4. Mr_Frosty

Hmm I'm not sure it's the same thing as I did but here is my experience:

Attestation:
    • I got the docs done in the UK via a notary and FCO but didn't have time to send them to the UAE embassy to have their stamp. My HR people told me no problem I could do it here.
    • I went to Infinity (http://www.infinity-co.ae/documentation/eng/infinityservices.html) at Marina Mall to get the in country stamps they said that I didn't have the UAE embassy stamps so they couldn't do it, but one of the guys was very helpful and sent it all through for me for free - which saved me paying DHL etc. Took around 3 weeks to get returned to him and he then called me and I went and collected it with the in country and UK embassy stamps.

Equivalency:
    • It was part of my probation to get equivalency from the MoE but they passed me without it and never mentioned it.
    • Until last spring when HR were "where is your equivalency?! why don't you have it????" - it affected a numebr of people who started the same year as me as we were all in the same boat.
    • I uploaded my documents to the MoE website under the equivalency section and about 6 weeks later I got an email and SMS saying it was complete. I was out of the country on summer vacation at the time so didn't see it until I returned in September.
    • I clicked the link they sent and it gave a 404 page not found.
    • Called the helpline and they said keep trying. Nothing changed.
    • Eventually I decided to go to the MoE to resolve it and basically the authorisation number they give is only half complete. When you receive it you need to log back in to the MoE portal, use that number re-enter lots of information about your university etc. and then get an appointment. I was lucky that I found this out at the MoE offices and a very nice Emirati lady did all that for me at the 'customer happiness centre' of the MoE.
    • I waited in line for the appointment - just over an hour and they then sent the equivalency certificate to me by Empost - which took 2 weeks.

It sounds like a complete nightmare but it's actually pretty straightforward. If I had been in country when I recived the text and gone straight to the MoE it would have taken maybe 8 weeks from start to finish.

edit: I wouldn't worry too much about it not being completed before you arrive it was literally years for me and didn't affect my visa, or my visa renewal.

5. Muddy3

Muddy3 New commenter

Hi,

Thats very detailed, i was told by HR, to send it to Pass.ADEK website, and follow the instructions, and upload all documents on there, now i'm playing the waiting game, i hope you're correct in saying that it isn't needed before i fly out.

Are you sure that i will not need it doing before i will fly out, because my understanding was that, its me sending the certificates to certify that they meet the ADEK or UAE criteria, in order for me to be able to teach in the ME.

Thanks

6. Mr_Frosty

It very much sounds to me like the equivalencey service and I definitely didn't even apply forine until I'd been here over 3 years so I can't see it being an issue.

But follow up with the school hr - they probably have a PRO who can hurry things along.

7. amina_husic

amina_husic New commenter

8. Hi how are you?

Did you get ur approval already? How many weeks did you wait?

9. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle New commenter

This is a real stab in the dark, but do you think the people who have already been approved and are waiting to fly out might be able to help?

Like the people on this thread, for example?

https://community.tes.com/threads/uae-moe-interview-march.771496/page-17

Mind you, the title gives no clue that they might have applied for the same scheme so the blatantly obvious clue is very easy to miss.

10. p1lchard99

p1lchard99 New commenter

Hi just wondering how long the approval took ? Awaiting mine now .