1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting List Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by livvie89, May 23, 2011.

1. I have been invited to interview/selection day at Greenwich University for the primary pgce course but its for a place on the waiting list not on the course itself. They have not given any information on how long the waiting list is or the likelihood of getting a place on the course. I have no idea whether theres actually a chance of getting on the course or whether its a complete waste of time. The selection day is just after my uni exams end and i would have literally one day to prepare. I wondering whether there is any point bothering with this interview. I dont want to be stressing about it for the rest of the exam period and its quite possible that i have pretty much no chance of getting a place anyway. Im just wondering if anybody is on a waiting list or has applied to Greenwich or generally has some advice... thanks

2. I have been invited to interview/selection day at Greenwich University for the primary pgce course but its for a place on the waiting list not on the course itself. They have not given any information on how long the waiting list is or the likelihood of getting a place on the course. I have no idea whether theres actually a chance of getting on the course or whether its a complete waste of time. The selection day is just after my uni exams end and i would have literally one day to prepare. I wondering whether there is any point bothering with this interview. I dont want to be stressing about it for the rest of the exam period and its quite possible that i have pretty much no chance of getting a place anyway. Im just wondering if anybody is on a waiting list or has applied to Greenwich or generally has some advice... thanks

3. Personally, I would go along anyway, wing the interview and see what happens. I would focus on exams, then if there is any time do a little extra prep. You've got to be in it to win it as they say :). And if you don't get in, it will be good experience! That is just what I would do though :)

4. I too would go; if nothing else the interview is good experience. You can ask at interview how many people are already on the list (should you be successful). You never know someone may well drop out and you'll be on the course then. Definitely go if you want to get on a PGCE course everything is worth a try. Good luck.

5. Definitely go. I had an interview for the waiting list at a different university last year and they called me two days later to tell me I had an actual place.
    Hope that helps.