1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting after applying - interview date fast approaching

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Cb566, May 17, 2017.

1. Cb566

Cb566 New commenter

Hi,

I applied for a school - a fantastic one so probably has a lot of applicants - at the weekend after visiting on Friday. The applications closed Monday midday, and the advert clearly stated 'Applicants must be available for interview on 19th May'.

What are the chances they haven't shortlsted yet (Wednesday) or they'll be letting people know tomorrow (the day before interview)? I received an email this afternoon for another school that had the same deadline, but interviews not until 22nd.

Am I just fooling myself into thinking I may still have a chance or should I call up tomorrow and ask if they've shortlisted?

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Yes - I'm afraid so - you'll have to give up on this one. I suspect invitations for interview would have gone out yesterday.

3. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

Although one poster on here said they were invited to interview at 10pm the night before!!! Not a good sign, I'd say...

4. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Given that applicants usually have to ask their current school for time off then the more notice the better. Could your invitation have been lost in the post/email/voicemail. No harm in ringing the office to check that.

5. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

Best to concentrate on the interview for the 22nd. If they offer an interview on the 18th for the 19th then it cant really be a good school.

6. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Yes, it would appear unlikely that you've been shortlisted. When you are emailed and invited for interview you would usually be asked to confirm your attendance, so I assume the school would follow up and check if they hadn't heard back from a candidate. Focus on the interview you do have.

7. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

Have you heard if you have an interview? If you haven't, you can probably assume that you haven't been shortlisted, unless they've had to re-schedule interview dates.
    Also- if they are interviewing tomorrow, they might have candidates who are not suitable and in that instance contact you.
    Keep an open mind about it, but don't set your heart on it. Just keep applying for more vacancies.