1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wahaha

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Caramel2308, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 Occasional commenter

Did anyone else just listen
    to Carol Kirkwood and her report of 'doggers' in Greenwich Park. She quickly corrected herself and said not doggers of course but dog walkers and joggers. Childish I know but I enjoyed the slipup!

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

The poor woman, and she is every lonely pensioner's tv totty! Peter Kay did a whole episode of Car Share about it.

agathamorse and emerald52 like this.
  3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It must be well established in coastal areas though - they have their own shipping forecast.

4. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

That was posted on here in the last few days - I hadn't seen it before.

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I love a good broadcasting slip up.
    Talking of radio, I just can't find a station I can bear to listen to these days. It's the hosts' voices - they irritate me so much I have to switch off and put music on. I've tried several stations but they all have the same effect on me.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Its the ads for me, and if you can stand them, the playlist. They often play the same track at the same time every sodding day, and there is only so much Rod Stewedwart, Reg Dwight, and Abba I can stand.

coffeekid likes this.
  7. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

It's the same with the awful ClassicFM. If I hear another daily modal doodle from Vaughan WIlliams I am likely to smash the radio. And I really cannot understand how their presenters think that all classical music is something to relax to. Forget any idea that music might excite, thrill, mystify, terrify, depress, stimulate or anything other than be something to wind down to, apparently (so they seem to think) designed to reduce stress - probably the stress of hearing endless repeats of the fantasias on Greensleeves, Tallis and Dives and Lazarus.

lindenlea, Brunel and ACOYEAR8 like this.
  8. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

Perhaps we should count ourselves lucky that they don't have Music While you Work on the wireless these days. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_While_You_Work

9. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Woman's hour on Radio 4 is still fab, not sure for how much longer though given Jenni Murray is leaving.

The theme tune for The Archers is also great, but not sure you'd want it on repeat all day.

Other than that Radio 3 is manageable for presenter's voices and vaguely ok for music if you like classical.
    Awwww noooo poor thing...but I'd giggle too.
    She is so very lovely. I saw an interview with her at Countryfile Live one year and she was just as nice in rl as she is presenting the weather.

coffeekid likes this.
  10. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I flip between Radio 4, Radio 3 and Radio 6music. Sundays are great on Radio 6M as I love Radcliffe and Maconie. Cerys Matthews and Guy Garvey. Radio 3 has excellent live concerts from the Wigmore Hall and opera on Saturday evenings. I’ve listened to a lot more music to help keep me positive in the current situation.

11. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Established commenter

Spot on: and it's the awful, oily, smarmy way in which they anoint the music with jargon better suited to selling frozen pizza or toilet rolls - Chopin there at his incomparable best.......Was Mozart ever more profound than in that Adagio?.....and now from the Classic FM Hall of Fame.....if you like music that wears its heart on its sleeve, then Tschaikovsky's your man.....Grrrrrr!

But if you are sick of RVW's modal noodling [and look who's talking, Herr Gassmann, with your namby-pamby giocoso rococo ] then listen to the Proms archive this Thursday - symphonies 4, 5 and 6 in sequence in a single concert - and prepare to be excited, thrilled, mystified, depressed, stimulated and ultimately terrified. One of the best Proms I can remember.

12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Really enjoying Mark Radcliffe in for Lauren Laverne this am on 6Music. I miss his pm slot. I sent in a suggestion of Chuck Berry You Never Can Tell in a request slot but he didnt play it.

Usually I'm a radio4 girl and love Jane Garvey on Womans Hour although Jenni Murray has been wonderful all these years too.

13. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

There was a good one in France a while back:

French MEP Rachida Dati makes oral sex slip-up
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11419212