1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wages

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lkbc177, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Did anyone else have less money this month in their pay?? Has tax and NI gone up??

2. Did anyone else have less money this month in their pay?? Has tax and NI gone up??

3. No.
    Have you checked your payslip properly?

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

5. Will also add that once the changes come in April, many of us will actually have more money in our pay packet.

6. I havent received my pay slip yet only know from looking at my bank balance. I am really perplexed. About £265 down. Very strange.

7. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

my NUT fees have come out in last couple of days.

8. I suspect you have a salary and not a wage.

9. Yes I am on a salary. I suppose I will have to phone payroll tomorrow!

10. How comes you don't have your payslip? I thought they had to come a day or two before you are paid so that you can check for any errors before the money is processed...

11. We NEVER get our payslip on time. I always thought that too!

12. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

How strange. We *always* get our payslip on payday.

13. I also get my payslip on payday!

14. Just as aside... I received a letter from HMR&C yesterday telling me my tax code was changed from April - apparently I have another job so my tax code dropped significantly... so I jumped on the phone to find out who my other employer was so I could chase that other pay packet... turns out they made a mistake so no more pays... ...but another letter with the correct code is in the post... along with a cheque for the amount of tax I overpaid in my first year of supply teaching when I arrived in the UK... so it wasn't a wasted phone call.... I can spend the next few days dreaming of how I can spend those additional pounds before I get real and pay it straight off the credit card...