1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wage Slip

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by tree of life, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Please can anyone out there understand the new layout of Birmingham's wage slip for term time TA's ? W e have noticed that although our monthly salary is ok, the yearly figure on the sheet has gone down. eg before the new wage slip yearly salary was printed as £14.623 now it's saying £13.161. we are level 3. Confused

2. Yes, you are confused, you are on the wrong forum.

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

No, I'm shure you are confused Holmes. Birmingham is somewhere in Spain; I hear they have a bull ring.

4. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Correct. And here is a programme synopsis from a recent production at La Scala, Longbridge.
    Act One: Carmen, a cigarmakeress from a tobago factory loves Don Jose. There was a noise inside the tobago factory and revolting cigarmakeresses bust onto the stage. Carmen is arrested and Don Jose is ordered to mounting guard on her but she subduces him and lets her escape. Act Two: The tavern. Carmen Sings... enter two smugglers ("Ho, we have a mind in business.") Enter Escamillo, a Balls fighter. Carmen refuses to penetrate because Don Jose has liberated her from prison. He just now arrives. (Aria: "Slop here who comes.") But here are the bugles singing his retreat. Don Jose will leave and draws his sword. Called by Carmen's shrieks, the two smugglers interfere with her. Jose is bound to dessert.
    Act Three: A rocky landscape. Smugglers chatter. Carmen sees her death in the cards. Don Jose makes a date with her for the next Balls fight.
    Act Four: A place in Seville. Procession of Balls-Fighters. The roaring of the balls is heard in the arena. Escamillo enters (Aria and Chorus: "Toreador, Toreador, All hail the Balls of a toreador.") Enter Don Hose. (Aria: "I besmooch you.") Carmen repels him. She wants to join with Escamillo now chaired by the crowd. Don Hose stabbs her. (Aria: "Oh, rupture, rupture.")

5. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

Fantastic, Blo0dy Fantastic, my man! When can it be staged at the waterside opera house Hull?

6. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

How long will it take me to lose half a stone so I can squeeze back into my 'suit of lights'?
    I think we could have fun casting it. Perce will be perfect for Don José. Clovis as Carmen, of course. He has a gorgeous mezzo-soprano, very reminiscent of Teresa Berganza in her prime and he looks estupenda in the flamenco dress, though I'm told he's lost his castanetas. We can easily stick some horns on the old JCB.