1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Voucher Expiration

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Tigerlearn, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Tigerlearn

Tigerlearn New commenter

I did a whole lot of promotion around voucher codes on Facebook recently, which looks to have driven about 800 people to TES.

Anyway, it turns out the voucher code I posted had expired before many of them reached the site, which surprised me as it was a new voucher code, but explained why the conversion rate to sales had been so low.

It also, resulted in me being banned from a few groups and being publicly called out for 'misleading posts', which for obvious reasons I found quite upsetting.

It seems bizarre that these codes would expire so quickly, when new codes appeared the very next day, Surely it would be better to have 1 code which lasts for 1000 sales, rather than 10 codes which each last for 100? I don't want to spend ages promoting a code which leads to almost no sales and public embarrassment for me!

Also, it's situations like this where we should be able to generate our own codes, which come out of our own royalties and only work for our sites - I could have at least tried to remedy the problem by saying 'OK, apologies - try this code instead'.

Shamster and teachercellar like this.
  2. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

Is this the EASTER100 code?

3. Tigerlearn

Tigerlearn New commenter

No, it was whichever was between Easter100 and Easterhols. J-something I think. Either way, I posted the day I got it.